EE4 OTA Root access

mmamo

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Question. I too am a 1st timer. I currently have EE4 with GummyCharged 1.5 but I do not have PBJ. I never knew of PBJ. What does PBJ do? I do have CWM as well and I love the phone. I started with AB until EE4 and felt the comments about people doing AB4.1 with EE4 were misleading because I did it and was unable to use VZ Wireless Tether which lead me to beleive I was back on EE2, I have to admit, Altered Beast was nice but so is GummyCharged. The only thing I am missing now Is Netflix and the ability to HDMI it to a TV. These people here are AWSOME!!!! Thanks for everyones help and making me love my phone even more!!!!

whitepearl86

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Question. I too am a 1st timer. I currently have EE4 with GummyCharged 1.5 but I do not have PBJ. I never knew of PBJ. What does PBJ do? I do have CWM as well and I love the phone. I started with AB until EE4 and felt the comments about people doing AB4.1 with EE4 were misleading because I did it and was unable to use VZ Wireless Tether which lead me to beleive I was back on EE2, I have to admit, Altered Beast was nice but so is GummyCharged. The only thing I am missing now Is Netflix and the ability to HDMI it to a TV. These people here are AWSOME!!!! Thanks for everyones help and making me love my phone even more!!!!

here is everything you need to know about PBJ kernel.

It's an easy flash too, put it on your sd card, reboot in CWM, choose install from zip and pick the PBJ zip and just install.

[KERNEL][06-02-11] PeanutButta Jelly Time - xda-developers

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I can use HDMI to go to a TV without a problem. I have CWM, PBJ kernel, and GummyCHARGED ROM loaded.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks; another question if I may?
Is the lagfix disabled by powering off the phone
and rebooting with the three fingered salute.
Powering on the phone, holding the
vol up button and pressing the home screen?
Or do I need to use it with Odin. There is a lot of
info here just trying to put it in order as to make sense
with everything.

Yep disable lag fix through cvm

tarheelmike

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I can use HDMI to go to a TV without a problem. I have CWM, PBJ kernel, and GummyCHARGED ROM loaded.

Found You! Thank you so much for the step by step directions posted on XDA. I followed it this evening and only had to flash CWM twice and then everything else went smoothly. I only installed CWM and PBJ kernel and one other .zip theme and all went great. Thanks again for the patience with the beginners, and hopefully your step by step tutorial will show up here for other beginners that want it done right. BTW my quad scores went from mid-900s to 1595! Thanks again.

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Found You! Thank you so much for the step by step directions posted on XDA. I followed it this evening and only had to flash CWM twice and then everything else went smoothly. I only installed CWM and PBJ kernel and one other .zip theme and all went great. Thanks again for the patience with the beginners, and hopefully your step by step tutorial will show up here for other beginners that want it done right. BTW my quad scores went from mid-900s to 1595! Thanks again.

Glad to help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87