wifi issue

Payne78

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Got my M a couple of days ago. Loving the phone specially the screen but I'm having wifi problems. It seemed to work OK at first but now its rarely connecting and when it does it sooo slow. Anyone else have this problem? Wondering if it may be an app that I downloaded.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
One of the cool things is that this phone is dual band. That means if you have a 2.4/5 GHz router, you can run it on 5GHz N mode. Pretty nice, when you live in an area where everyone and their mother is running a wifi network (2.4GHz).

dpayne702

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it's super slow. Called verizon and they said it's my internet provider. Other phones and tab work fine on my router.

dpayne702

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Turns out m problem was my router. I had a Belkin N150. It was transmitting at 1Mbps on my phone. I bought a new router, NetgearN600, and now it's transmitting at 36Mbps. Everything is working flawless. According to what a verizon rep told me, my router was old and the razr 's new hardware isn't totally compatible.:D I really don't know what it was, but I truely love this phone. The wifi internet zooms on this phone. Just as fast as my desk top. I hope this helps.:D

btmille

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this exact issue. I have a Belkin router and my RAZR M is only connecting with 1mbs speed. My HTC, laptop, PS3, and Kindle all connect at 54mbs rates with no issue. I just got this phone and this has been the only issue. It's definitely some setting or communication with the router and the phone. I would rather not return the phone though or get a new router though. :/
How do I assign a static IP to the phone?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got a RAZR M for my wife and it has this problem as well. Does anyone know exactly what's causing it or how to fix it (besides purchasing a new router?)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer