[SOLVED] Firmware Update won't download on RAZR HD, RAZR Maxx HD and RAZR M (I'm on 4.0.4)

pursteses

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Update won't download (I'm on 4.0.4) (Edit: SOLVED)

You saved my sanity!!! I ordered my MAXX HD from AmazonWireless.com when it was $99. I sent 2 of them back... First one was crashing all over the place, the next one had this same problem. I talked to Verizon and Motorola tech support but no resolution. This is my third phone. Works great, but couldn't update it. It would have been nice if the Motorola guy would have known of or suggested this fix from their own website. He wanted me to send the phone in to him so they could manually flash the new software onto the phone. I'm updating as I type.
I, too did a google search on the problem.
THANK YOU!!!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Thank you so much! This has been a life saver; have been trying to update my droid razor hd for 4 days now. Apparently, not all Verizon and Motorola technicians know of this fix/problem!!??

Apparently not. I've contacted Verizon about the fix but it was taken in as a suggestion rather than a solution so not sure if they will be implemented.

I'm glad I found this thread today it has been a big help. Thank you for finding a solution! It wouldn't update at first through the computer, but once I turned off the phones WIFI and rebooted it the update went through without a problem. Thanks again OP

Glad it works. I am also glad a factory reboot wasn't necessary in order to cancel the download.

You saved my sanity!!! I ordered my MAXX HD from AmazonWireless.com when it was $99. I sent 2 of them back... First one was crashing all over the place, the next one had this same problem. I talked to Verizon and Motorola tech support but no resolution. This is my third phone. Works great, but couldn't update it. It would have been nice if the Motorola guy would have known of or suggested this fix from their own website. He wanted me to send the phone in to him so they could manually flash the new software onto the phone. I'm updating as I type.
I, too did a google search on the problem.
THANK YOU!!!

That's a lot of hassle and now you find out its an issue on Motorolas end. No matter, all is working so you have nothing to be concerned with now. I tried to tell Motorola to send me the files initially and I would flash them through the hboot menu but they said they can't do that and I would have to send it in. I declined and than this fix came up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Matthew Rice

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Trying to update through computer as stated above. When i check for updates it says update is already in progress. Is there a way to stop and cancel update on phone. Thanks

[REPLY]

1. Turn Wi-Fi on the phone off.
2. This should pop up a notification saying the download is suspended and will begin shortly.
3. Reboot phone with Wi-Fi still turned off.
4. When phone is turned back on, you should receive an error shortly since you're only on a Mobile Network.
5. If no error occurs, go to Settings > About Phone > Check for Updates and attempt to download over the Mobile Network. After a few seconds, you should get an error stating that "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later".
6. After this, connect your phone to the PC as noted in post #2.

I was having this problem and can confirm that the steps above worked like a charm! Thank you all for finding a fix to this problem! I am now happily running a 4.1.1 RAZR MAXX HD :D

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I was having this problem and can confirm that the steps above worked like a charm! Thank you all for finding a fix to this problem! I am now happily running a 4.1.1 RAZR MAXX HD :D

Enjoy. Glad to see this is helping everyone that's tried it. :)

When I was at Verizon today buying my Note II at retail ($700) he was clueless as to the RAZR HD having issues downloading firmware. But he did go into how the Motorola representative finally stopped denying the Motorola X which looks like a great phone. Still, TouchWiz has grown on me (for better or for worse) and it's hard to switch back.

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

Unplug your phone Reboot the PC.

OR

1. Turn Wi-Fi on the phone off.
2. This should pop up a notification saying the download is suspended and will begin shortly.
3. Reboot phone with Wi-Fi still turned off.
4. When phone is turned back on, you should receive an error shortly since you're only on a Mobile Network.
5. If no error occurs, go to Settings > About Phone > Check for Updates and attempt to download over the Mobile Network. After a few seconds, you should get an error stating that "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later".
6. After this, connect your phone to the PC as noted in post #2.

This worked for my friend's Razr M as well. Thank you, I'd been fighting with it all week ;)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

This worked for my friend's Razr M as well. Thank you, I'd been fighting with it all week ;)

So this is something on Motorola's end and not just a RAZR HD issue. Glad it worked.

w0maniz3r

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

Thank you so much for posting this. Went through 2 different phones before I found this. Once I did it it worked perfectly! Thanks again!

bferin

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Hey all, seems like this is working for everyone, unfortunately except for me :(

I've downloaded the MDM and even after roobooting my PC, I still always get the "an update is always in progress" message. I've tried downloading from the phone and the computer but no avail (gettings the "download suspended" when I try to grab the update through the phone)

Any other suggestions???

bferin

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Hey all, seems like this is working for everyone, unfortunately except for me :(

I've downloaded the MDM and even after roobooting my PC, I still always get the "an update is always in progress" message. I've tried downloading from the phone and the computer but no avail (gettings the "download suspended" when I try to grab the update through the phone)

Any other suggestions???

Cancel that. For some reason it started up!

Deb Boyce

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Update won't download (I'm on 4.0.4)

I got my RAZR MAXX HD on Thursday and have been trying unsuccessfully to download the 6MB update via the phone since then. Using my MacBP, downloading the DMD took minutes and 1 click to install on my phone. Now I am halfway through downloading the 275.8MB update and hopefully 1 click away from installing it on my phone. Thank you for posting this Eclipse2K! So glad to have found this site!

OK. 275.8MB update finished quite a while ago. Was it a mistake to keep my phone connected to the computer? Keep getting "update in process" when I check DMD, but I can't tell if the latest download is being uploaded to my phone.

Downloading update to computer again....

2nd time worked like a charm. Too bad I need to get up in a few hours to go to work :-}

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update won't download (I'm on 4.0.4)

I got my RAZR MAXX HD on Thursday and have been trying unsuccessfully to download the 6MB update via the phone since then. Using my MacBP, downloading the DMD took minutes and 1 click to install on my phone. Now I am halfway through downloading the 275.8MB update and hopefully 1 click away from installing it on my phone. Thank you for posting this Eclipse2K! So glad to have found this site!

OK. 275.8MB update finished quite a while ago. Was it a mistake to keep my phone connected to the computer? Keep getting "update in process" when I check DMD, but I can't tell if the latest download is being uploaded to my phone.

No, that shouldn't matter. I left my phone plugged in until my device was fully booted up from the update. If you run into an issue again unplug the phone and reboot the phone with Wi-Fi off and also reboot the PC. After doing so open the Motorola Device Manager software and start again. Under Settings > About Phone what's your Android Version? If it's 4.0.x than you need an update still. If it's 4.1.x (The X is since I'm unaware of the last number) than you're up to date.

And you're not really downloading the update to the PC but rather the phone through the USB. If you didn't last time stick by the PC so it doesn't go into sleep mode. Not sure how the Motorola software reacts if this happens.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

2nd time worked like a charm. Too bad I need to get up in a few hours to go to work :-}

Thank you for the update letting us know it worked. I may have a Galaxy Note II but I am still checking this thread several times a day to offer assistance if necessary. I wish Motorola would identify and fix the initial issue but until then I'm glad so many have found this thread through Google and Android Central.

strydersound

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks! Got my Maxx HD on Friday... been arguing with it about this update until I read your post. Update in progress now!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [SOLVED+Fix] Firmware Update won't download on RAZR HD, RAZR Maxx HD and RAZR M (I'm on 4.0.4)

I was informed by Motorola that they are working on a solution to this issue but until then continue to use this method.

jp388

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: [SOLVED+Fix] Firmware Update won't download on RAZR HD, RAZR Maxx HD and RAZR M (I'm on 4.0.4)

FYI, I was able to update both OTA's last night. I reverted back to stock and it took both updates just fine. RAZR HD

nanjil

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
hello, my phone updated to android 4.1.1.
I thought the latest was 4.1.2.

Now when I go to software updates it says my phone is current and no updates available.

Droid for Life

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I tried downloading and after 8 hours nothing downloaded-_-, then I turned the phone off and back on, then i got the wifi error so i turned wifi on and off then went back to system update and it began to proceed, finally glad to get This update! :D -Razr Maxx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-13-07-13-31.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-13-07-13-31.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 24

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I tried downloading and after 8 hours nothing downloaded-_-, then I turned the phone off and back on, then i got the wifi error so i turned wifi on and off then went back to system update and it began to proceed, finally glad to get This update! :D -Razr Maxx

It appears that Motorola has solved this issue. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87