Can a RAZR car mount be converted to a Maxx mount?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if it was possible to take a RAZR vehicle dock and convert it to work with the Maxx? My friend is getting a Maxx from Verizon in exchange for her RAZR but her dock won't work. Does the front piece remove and can it be bought separately anywhere? Willing to pay to do this but she would rather not buy a whole new dock.

Also, same goes for desktop dock. Does Motorola or somewhere at all sell the removable plate for the Maxx? It would be absolutely nuts is she had to buy a whole new dock.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I used to spend tons of money on holders and cradles until i discovered i can do almost anything with velcro...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I used to spend tons of money on holders and cradles until i discovered i can do almost anything with velcro...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

I did this to make a desktop dock work on a Maxx with a case in it. But I wish there was a way order that cheap measly plate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

aslandholm

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have the maxx but I have the regular razr car dock and desktop hd dock - bought the bundle from Verizon. There is a piece that pops out of both of the docks so that the maxx fits with the gel case. I can post pics if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxman1

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have the maxx but I have the regular razr car dock and desktop hd dock - bought the bundle from Verizon. There is a piece that pops out of both of the docks so that the maxx fits with the gel case. I can post pics if needed.

I know, but thanks. Looking for a way to buy that insert so the phone inserts in naked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa