Problem with my gallery

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
When I open my gallery I can see all my photos in the camera roll but if I click on my library an error message comes up saying "unfortunately my gallery has stopped" and then it closes.
Any ideas how to fix this without loosing my photos?

Sent via mental telepathy.

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Here are the instructions.......

Press and hold the Power button and turn the phone off. 2) When the screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Volume Up and Power. 3) When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to ?RECOVERY.? 4) Press the Power button to select ?RECOVERY.? 5) When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time. 6) Using the volume button, scroll down to ?Wipe cache partition? and select it. 7) Select ?Reboot system now.?

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I have Droid MAXX on ICS and the steps were little different:

1 - After powering OFF, press and hold Power and Vol Up/Down at same time until you get HBOOT
2 - At HBOOT, select Recovery by using Vol Down button
3 - Select Recovery by pressing Vol Up
4 - At Triangle Exclamation, press Vol Down and Vol Up at same time to get you to another menu screen
5 - Using Vol Down button, scroll down to Wipe Partition Cache
6 - Press Power button to select that choice
7 - When done, using Power button press Reboot System Now

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I did it and while I'm sure it cleaned things up it didn't fix my problem. If it takes a hard reset I'll just do without that feature because I just don't have the time to set everything back up the way I like again.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I highly suggest downloading the app quick pic and using it as your gallery. It is way better than the horrible stock gallery

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I got quick pix and disabled mygallery. I noticed something. If I create a folder with sdcard as the location it still saves to internal memory when I look for it in my files. If I create the folder with an extension of sdcard-ext it then saves to the card. I figured that out when I started looking at the file extensions under internal and sdcard.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I got quick pix and disabled mygallery. I noticed something. If I create a folder with sdcard as the location it still saves to internal memory when I look for it in my files. If I create the folder with an extension of sdcard-ext it then saves to the card. I figured that out when I started looking at the file extensions under internal and sdcard.

Yep. That's how the phone differentiates between internal sd card storage and your actual sd card
:thumbup:

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Now I have a new problem. When I take a pic I can't preview it. It says it can't find the gallery.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you stock? If so you have to go to manage apps, all, then scroll down all the way until you find your disabled gallery. Click on it, and scroll down to where it says clear defaults. Now when you go to preview a pic a Window should pop up asking what to do, check do by default and hit quick pic. Now it will be your default gallery :beer:

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This hole is getting deeper. I did the above and now my galleries has disappeared from my apps and my camera still says can't find gallery when previewing pics. No option to set a new default.

And yes, I'm stock ICS.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Try un disabling it. The only way it would disappear is if it's disabled. You can use quick pic without disabling your stock gallery

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I un-disabled my gallery and it has returned as the quick view source for the camera. Its still has defaults disabled when I look at it in my apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty