Connection Drops and Other Small Issues

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Been having a couple issues with my Maxx over the last month +, and just want to know if anyone else is experiencing any of these. If so, any suggestions for a fix would be welcomed.

- Connectivity Drops - This has been an issue since the ICS update (was not an issue previous to that). All of a sudden, my phone decides it doesn't want to make a connection via wifi or 4G/3G and either won't load websites, won't load information in apps (such as FB, WeatherBug, etc), and occasionally won't make a phone call even if I'm in a coverage area (I get an immediate busy signal). As I said, this happens on both Wifi and 4G/3G. I can usually correct it by turning off/on my Wifi radio (I assume it forces the phone to select a signal to use). If that doesn't work, I need to reboot. This probably happens a couple times per week.

- Text Messaging - I use the native text app, and an annoyance is that I'll send a text to someone, and if I send another text to them while still in the conversation window, the keyboard will automatically insert the last word I typed in the previous message into the new message. I am using Swype as well, if that matters. I have tried clearing the text app cache, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

- Text Messaging II - When I choose a contact to send a text to, it will display the phone number of the contact instead of the contact's name. If I remove, and re-add, the name will be displayed.

Anyone else run into these items, or know of a solution (aside from FR, which I would like to avoid)?

TIA.

nvoll84

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Razr Maxx to replace my Thunderbolt through my insurance and had similar problems regarding dropped data signal. I found that installing a cache cleaner helps and haven't seen any drops in about a week. Knock on wood. I have it auto empty cache after a set time. It doesn't delete any important info. I have overall system lag. A reboot usually fixes that for a few days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I also have been having the dropped call issue. I had the phone for 6 months without problem, then, all of a sudden, I would be in the middle of a phone call and the call would drop, however, the timer would still be running. I would try to call person back, and get immediate busy signal. If someone would call me back, it would go auto to voicemail.

I called tech support, and without question, they submitted warranty claim, and sent me a new (refurb) phone. Issue has not been solved, although it is not happening as frequently. It is definitely related to ICS.

I really hate the lag issue with ICS also. On GB, I never really had to force close my phone, but now, I need to do it every few days, which is a pain in the butt. If I could have, when I got the new refurb phone, I would have stayed on GB, but unfortunately, it already had ICS on it.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't get my wrong. I love my Maxx but I've been having alot of connectivity issues. Losing 4g..ok that's fine but then dropping off 3g to 1x? Now that's no bueno. This happened before and after I rooted my phone. As for the text messages I have to delete mine at 100 bc I get alot of em. Over 100 per text convo, it really starts to slow down. However, Saturday my friends and I all went and competed in Warrior Dash. Guess who's phone was left on and STILL chillin' at 70% when I got back to it? Mine. Unplugged her at 6:45, texted like a mad woman from then til about 9:30 am. Got it back after the race at 2:30. We were out in the country to the signal was weak as well. Everyone else? They couldn't get to a charger or spare battery fast enough. It was nice to say oh no go ahead and use the car charger, I'm good. I didn't charge my phone til about 2:45am the next day when I came in from going out. Which was a bad idea....going out after a race that is. :)

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I went in and manually did a cache clear through the safeboot menu. It helped a bit. The text input issue happened once since, but that was it. Connectivity seems to be better, but have not really tested it yet. I do suggest the cache clear though as it definitely helps, at least a little bit.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had ongoing issues for the las 3 months or so regarding my data connection.
It began losing data, and then taking up to a minute to reconnect, since before the ICS update.
First phone call to Verizon, basically told me to wait for ICS - which was like a week out at that point.
Second call had me install the connectivity Restore app/patch - which did nothing, as it really wasnt the problem that was made for.
Third call had the tech "make some changes behind the scenes"
None of these things worked.
I have a Droid 3 work phone, and sitting next o each other, the MAXX will drop data for a minute, while the D3 is fat and happy, no connection issues.

Simply have a bad modem I think, and I just need to convince Verizon of that.

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Additionally....Does anyoone else ever get a banner across the bottom of the screen, right above the home row icons "Network error, please check the network"
I receive that upon each data drop, and quite often upon receiving a phone call.

littletechy

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
There is a free app in the market place by Motorola called Restore Connectivity. It is designed just for this type of problem. My Maxx has been having the same issues since ICS, but this app resolves it. When you are having an issue it resets the connectivity. Try it, it is free and it works.