1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

... the screen where I can wipe the data cache? I can get through the first menu to the point where Lloyd is open for surgery with the red triangle and exclamation point above him. It WILL NOT go into the next menu no matter what combination of buttons I press. What combination is supposed to get it there?

I hate this phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Sandman333; 12-14-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Default Re: How do I get this POS phone to

Press and hold the volume down button, press and release the volume up button and then release the volume down button.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I'll try that. I got my phone replaced a month ago because it was so slow and apps were crashing constantly. This new one is slowing down now. It's being affected much faster than my last phone, and with less apps installed. I'm really starting to think Verizon pushes something to older phones to make them slow and crash a lot to encourage us to upgrade. It's really bad when I can't even answer the damned phone because the answer selection screen doesn't come up before the call goes to voice mail. Ridiculous.

You're welcome! Wiping the cache definitely helps bring back speed and performance.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That works, thanks.

If rooted, try CacheCleaner NG. It automatically cleans my cache every day at a time I specify.

My Maxx has been getting more sluggish as well. I suspect something about the various recent updates to Google Play Services and perhaps other Google apps are not playing nice with the relatively outdated TI OMAP processor in the Maxx. It obviously can't be any system updates, since we haven't gotten any in forever. All I can do is wait until March for my upgrade ...