Droid Razr and Solavei

Campoli

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Verizon right now, but am very interested in switching to Solavei. The catch is that I really like my Razr, have a spiffy case and all for it, set up just the way I like it and it's fairly new. Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get it to work on the Solavei network?

If not, what's my best avenue for buying a phone that would work, and if I like my Razr, what phone would you recommend?

sdoo25

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Verizon right now, but am very interested in switching to Solavei. The catch is that I really like my Razr, have a spiffy case and all for it, set up just the way I like it and it's fairly new. Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get it to work on the Solavei network?

If not, what's my best avenue for buying a phone that would work, and if I like my Razr, what phone would you recommend?

I also had a RAZR on Verizon and switched to Solavei. The Verizon RAZR will not work on Solavei. While it is unlocked and can be used overseas, you can't put in a SIM from AT&T (or any other providers I assume) and have it work. I tried with my work AT&T SIM card and called customer service to confirm. That is when they told me that it is SIM locked in US. There is an international RAZR that works on GSM frequencies that you can buy from eBay. I believe that it would work. I looked at this before I decided to get a Nexus 4. My wife got a HTC One S to use on Solavei and we are both happy so far.

[Content deleted by moderator]

Hope this helps and thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: