Razr+ 2023 Cases

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
i purchased 2 cases so far for my new toy. I got the Tech21 Evo Clear Case and the Zagg Gear4 Case. I have tried them both and for the time being i'm using the gear4. it is slightly thicker but not noticeable in my hand or pocket. i like that it has the protector for the hinge. with the tech21 i'm worried if i drop it the hinge is exposed. the gear4 has a nice grip to it, buttons are nice and i like the look of it. it seems really protective.

IMG_1038.jpegIMG_1040.jpegIMG_1015.jpegIMG_1034.jpeg

moto312gus

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site
I'm waiting for a generic Amazon case to arrive just so I can get something on it. Has anyone ever heard of a case that has a built-in metal plate for use with a magnetic mount? The metal plates from Scosche that I have won't stick to the rear of the phone. I can stick it to the inside of the case but a built-in plate would be a cleaner solution.

I won't be using the wireless charging so that's not an issue.

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
I'm waiting for a generic Amazon case to arrive just so I can get something on it. Has anyone ever heard of a case that has a built-in metal plate for use with a magnetic mount? The metal plates from Scosche that I have won't stick to the rear of the phone. I can stick it to the inside of the case but a built-in plate would be a cleaner solution.

i ordered one because i do have several mounts (car & charger) but not sure i’ll use it. not too sure of the look or feel.

moto312gus

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
Hey, thanks for that link. Any chance you could try it our for us?

I see some cases that have thin adhesive strips inside to keep them from sliding- do not like. I change my cases often, I imagine this adhesive would wear out eventually.
i ordered it and will update when i get it with some pics and my thoughts. i too change cases a lot.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site

I've been using a side holster so far.
I've ordered a flip case with a glass outer screen protector and coming tomorrow. So scared to drop as I have BUTTER 🤌 FINGERS!!!☺️

• Haha
Reactions: J Dubbs

moto312gus

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site
Here's something: the top half of the case I bought slips off rather easily. Worse though is that it tends to press the power button as it does so. I accidentally restarted it in my pocket without realizing.

Be aware.

Edit- it happened again, this time it just powered off in my pocket. I just used a small file to carve a groove on that tab on the case that touches the power button when the case slides up, and the problem seems to be solved. This might not be a problem with all cases, ymmv.

Last edited:

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site

I got this but totally gonna return it......cheap plastic case and the top case slides off really easily. It didn't even come with tape pre-installed.
Looks better in the pic on Amazon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230705_160646_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230705_160646_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    943.9 KB · Views: 10

moto312gus

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site
I have 2 cases coming from Amazon, one black, one clear. I'll post about them when they get here.

Is it just me, or did the good brands, e.g. Otterbox, fall asleep and fail to put out any product for this phone as it was released?

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
I have 2 cases coming from Amazon, one black, one clear. I'll post about them when they get here.

Is it just me, or did the good brands, e.g. Otterbox, fall asleep and fail to put out any product for this phone as it was released?
yeah i think all the major brands didn’t think this would be a hit. hopefully they do eventually cause i have 2 inexpensive cases from amazon and they’re inexpensive for a reason.

i received the magsafe case today from amazon, the one i posted the link a few posts back. i haven’t tried it out yet but feels really cheap. the magsafe ring came with a scratch on it and one corner of the fake leather backing is sticking out a bit. seems like it will become a problem. so far the only quality case seems to be the zagg.

Reactions: AndroidFanboy8

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Since there are so few good cases I'll post the one I bought that I am pleasantly surprised with. It was from amazon canada though so not sure about US. It was also the 1 and only case on amazon for the phone when I purchased so I had no choice. It is a PC case but has a soft touch to it almost like a fine suede/plastic feel. Hard to explain but it is better than I thought it would be and looks nice. I got the black but it is not a deep deep black, kind of a very dark grey. Bottom fits super tight, top occasionally needs to be pushed back down a tiny bit but fits fairly snug considering how little material is on the one side of the top half. It's certainly not falling off randomly or anything. Overall a decent cheap case.

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
i’m currently using the zagg case because it’s the best fit so far. but i also got a pouch to put it in and wanted to share.

IMG_1077.jpeg
it is expensive but is a beauty and perfect. i asked for it to be made slightly larger to accommodate the phone in a case. fits like a glove, has an opening at the bottom to charge and an oval cutout in the center front making it super comfortable to remove the phone. i love the leather texture. i’m glad i bought it.

moto312gus

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site
*sigh* So my 2 Amazon cases came today.

1000021358.png

This one looks and feels really nice. Both halves fit snugly enough to prevent sliding, but the top half seems like it doesn't clip sufficiently over the top and right side (the side with the buttons) edges.

This one:
Screenshot_20230707-202347.png

Fits better, still doesn't seem to clip over the top edge though.

So the search continues...

moto312gus

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site
Got another one from Amazon, a nice white one to match my car (I am both a car geek and a tech geek).
1000021377.png

Fits very well. It has a very smooth, almost silky surface. I don't think the metal plates for my magnetic mount will stick to it.

Reactions: darrinS

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
i got this one a few days ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C8JRQK8S?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

i wasn’t sure i would like having a permanent strap, but it’s surprisingly useful. it’s a great finger grip when using the phone folded and open. the case feels and to me looks premium. fit is good. i also got the bodyguardz clear case and haven’t even opened it because i don’t want to remove the strap case.
IMG_1093.jpegIMG_1094.jpeg