First Droid phone...

djneked

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So I'm currently with AT&T and my contract is up in the middle of March. I'm looking to switch to android phone as I currently use an HTC Tilt 2 and I'm incredibly unhappy with it. I've been doing my research and have enjoyed the uses of the Droid X (via friends and family) and have grown increasingly intrigued by the Atrix and Bionic. I'm looking for personal preferences from people good and/or bad with regards to first impressions of each phone, and/or the companies that make droids (samsung, moto, htc). My personal opinion is to stay as far as away from HTC as possible as I've had nothing but horrible experiences with them (tilt 1 and tilt 2).

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
HTC's Android portfolio is probably better than their Windows. To that end, you won't be disapointed if you choose either the Atrix or Bionic. One thing to remember is that Verizon has proven to support the phones and keep them upgraded on the latest OS. Also, if you are looking for a good 4g service, then Verizon is your best bet with LTE. Try and hold out a long as possible to play with both phones before entering into a long term contract.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are your problems with the Tilt 2 due to hardware or software? HTC used to be pretty much the sole banner-carrier for Windows Mobile so most of their old phones use that OS.

Since the G1, HTC has really moved almost entirely into the Android camp. Sense is considered one of the best Android "skins" and their passive support of the hacker community ensues that their are ROMs available for almost all of their phones.

Personally, I would wait for the AC reviews of all the phones you mention along with you playing with them in your hands before making a final choice, but thats just me ;)

djneked

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I was planning on waiting till more reviews and hands on options available. As with the tilt and HTC, I felt that they completely abandoned my phone and the winmo 6.5 I had. Plus the update that had finally appeared after 1 and a few months made the phone worse than it was. It could be AT&T and their lack of caring for updates as well since they had the iphone and that's anyone talks about over there. So I'm leaning towards Verizon for that reason (amongst others). LTE, 4g, and the dual processor sounds very awesome on the bionic. I'm just hoping its within my price range, as the atrix right now is.