What should I get?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So, right now I can't decide if I want to get a nexus 5 or a S5 or a M8.

The thing is, my concern comes with updates and UI. I really like stock android. But I also need good battery life to get me through the day.

So, my gut naturally went with the nexus 5. However , isn't its battery life worse than the S5 or M8? Also, are we close to a nexus 6 release? Are the S5 or M8 worth the price difference compared to the nexus 5?

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

The thing is, my concern comes with updates and UI. I really like stock android. But I also need good battery life to get me through the day.

So, my gut naturally went with the nexus 5. However , isn't its battery life worse than the S5 or M8? Also, are we close to a nexus 6 release? Are the S5 or M8 worth the price difference compared to the nexus 5?

I had the same problem, went with the Nexus 5 amazing phone. Battery life is not that bad. How much on screen time do you usually have in a day ?

Posted via Android Central App

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
updates are not an issue as HTC has promised they will supply updates for 2 years and they already proven that with the recent updates to not only the m8., but older devices as well.

get the m8. you'll have all day battery life and sense isn't the same as it was in 2011. its pretty clean and you may like it even more then plain old boring stock android.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
You can't go too far wrong with any of them, but if you really care about a clean stock experience and the quickest updates, you may find a non-Nexus disappointing. That said, HTC and Samsung have both gotten much better about updates. You're just likely to have to wait longer for them. Honestly, the N5 battery life gets a worse rap than it deserves. It's certainly no worse than past Nexuses.

GemmaGeri

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
On the basis of battery life requirement, update and user interface, go for Samsung S5. Because if you can compare the S5 and M8 both have totally different UI and other features are better in S5 (camera, compatibility, easy in handling for all age)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The next nexus may not be out until the fall...

As for battery life, it's average. Some places make it out worse than it is because they are comparing it to phones like the S5, which have much bigger batteries.

Price is huge though... you can pick up a nexus 5 for about half the other phones. The S5 and M8 might be better phones, but not $300 better.

If battery life is a paramount, look at the LG G2. Like the Nexus 5, it's older but still blazing fast. It has a huge battery in it, and you can get good deals on it.

The S5 might be the new king of the hill, but value-wise, there are better phones out there (than both the S5 and M8)

Oh.... I'd even say look at an M7... I've read plenty of reviews that tell those with a M7 to not bother upgrading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Get the device that feels the best and does the job you need it to do within the budget you have available. All are great phones and you won't go wrong with neither.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I recommend the HTC one m8,my batter life has been awesome so far,I am currently at 1 day and 16 hours off the charger with 7 hours and 20 minutes of screen on time and that's without any battery saving options turned on,I'm at 17 percent right now,also the ui on the m8 feels quicker then touch wiz,touch wiz is heavy and uses up more ram then HTC sense,but in the end its up to you.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I went ahead and ordered a black nexus 5 off google play (thought about getting a red nexus 5, but went the conservative route)

Mostly because I really didn't want to do payments for a s5 or M8 and wanted stock android. And I wanted something off contract for a good price.

Hopefully a nexus 6 dosent drop in the next few months :/

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Anything is possible, but Google has been releasing its Nexus phones in Q4 for five years now. I don't see why they'd change this year.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Get the device that feels the best and does the job you need it to do within the budget you have available. All are great phones and you won't go wrong with neither.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

The note 3!!!!!!!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If I was gonna pick an OEM right now I'd get the M8 if money is no object. Otherwise I would pick the N5 if you wanna get a great phone and save some cash as well.

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

nexus 5 is really a nice phone

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't kid yourself, the S5 and M8 have newer hardware, but as far as performance goes you're just not going to see a significant difference. In two years, all three are going to be obsolete, so I wouldn't be too concerned. That's more an issue of mobile in general than any specific hardware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty