Text Messaging Memory? Full?

jacob.downey

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, recently I keep getting the text memory is full error and therefore not receiving text but my text inbox is empty like I delete everything but it doesn't do anything?

As well is there anyway to backup purchased apps? If I wanna do a reset or something?

Thanks in advance!

ekoulak

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
btw if you dont know how go to messaging app, hit the menu button, once in settings go to manage sim messages

let me know if it helps

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
Yes. Check your messages on your SIM as stated . AppMonster - Android app on AppBrain It's called app Monster. works great. All your paid apps will be backed up through google but this gives you one click to install them all from backup on the SD card. hope you get it figured out and do post back when you find the solution.

Last edited:

ekoulak

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
do you have a third party messaging app installed?
also in your setting in messaging app whats the maximum amount of texts allowed?

jacob.downey

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I did have one installed but I deleted it and the problem went away for awhile but now it came back and my maximum amount of text allowed is 200. (It was "SMS Pop up" that I had installed)

ekoulak

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I'd do a factory reset just back your stuff up like MOTO said. And sense is a nice Rom but nut quiet three yet. But if you wanna try it out let me know if you have any questions. I know it could be a headache if you are new to this.

turbopsy

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Fixing "Text Message Memory Full" response

Because of frequent operating system updates, need to turn the power off the phone and wait a few seconds and then turn it back on (reload the new update). It should work now and reset the memory.

J-Mar

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I had a space issue for a while and finally found that my Email (not Gmail, but the 5 e-mail accounts under the Email app) was using like 90 MB! So I removed all accounts and added them back and the space was only like 4 mb. It's been steadily rising and it's at like 12 mb now. Not sure what to do to keep it from growing like that. But since I cleared out all that space I haven't had a low memory issue and therefore no more text message memory full issues.

JETarpon

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You'll get this message, and your texts will get lost, whenever your internal storage drops below 20M. It's stupid and annoying.

Most of the time I run into this problem, it's because some app is using a lot of internal storage for cache. I found an app called Quick App Clean Cache that will show you how much cache space each app is using. If you are rooted, QACC can also clean the caches for you. If not, I think you need to go into Managing Applications and clear each cache manually. The app isn't free, but costs less than $1, and is the easiest way I've found to figure out what you need to clear out.

Bukzin

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
btw if you dont know how go to messaging app, hit the menu button, once in settings go to manage sim messages

let me know if it helps

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have the Nexus One with 2.2.1 and when I go to 'settings' I do not
see 'manage SIM messages'.

Is it in a sub-menu?

Thanks!

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have the Nexus One with 2.2.1 and when I go to 'settings' I do not
see 'manage SIM messages'.

Is it in a sub-menu?

Thanks!

When you are in the default Android Message application, select the Menu button and the Settings. You then shoud see "Manage SIM card messages"

I had this same memory problem and had no messages on the SIM and had already deleted all my text message threads. The only thing that fixed it, was uninstalling the Handcent Text app. Then the issue went away, and so far it hasn't returned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member