Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Do you mind posting your APN settings. After I changed mine, all is well here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
I am using what I will call the "stock" pta APN settings that the N4 captures when booted up with the AT&T sim card, these are the same ones which get high ping times and minimal to no movement on speedtest.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
OK, but after your last call with ATT tech support and her making changes, you havent changed the APN from stock to say the ones I posted to see if her changes and the posted APN settings together would make a difference?

I am using what I will call the "stock" pta APN settings that the N4 captures when booted up with the AT&T sim card, these are the same ones which get high ping times and minimal to no movement on speedtest.

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

My stock APN is WAP.Cingular. I have to edit the APN to either phone or pta.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So I've FINALY been able to get MMS working on my N4. Now to decide if I want to lose LTE, and sell my S3. Or lose faster updates, and sell my N4. Decisions, decisions...

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
OK, but after your last call with ATT tech support and her making changes, you havent changed the APN from stock to say the ones I posted to see if her changes and the posted APN settings together would make a difference?
Not yet working on that right now

Parth Ghetia

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For those who don't have MMS working on the "phone" APN, you have to make sure you change the MMSC and proxy (for MMS) and use port 80. The MMSC settings for wap.cingular and phone are different.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Please share what you did?

There was a thread I found yesterday on XDA where someone took the time to display APN settings for people coming from some of the top smartphones out there. One for the OneX, Galaxy S3, Non LTE smartphones, etc...I for the life of me can't find it anymore after LOTS of different searches. Not even thinking about it today, a coworker had sent me an MMS, and I received it without thought. Until I got excited realizing I had just received an MMS. I sent back an MMS as well without a hitch. I think switching from PHONE to PTA, and adding hipri has helped a ton.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
There was a thread I found yesterday on XDA where someone took the time to display APN settings for people coming from some of the top smartphones out there. One for the OneX, Galaxy S3, Non LTE smartphones, etc...I for the life of me can't find it anymore after LOTS of different searches. Not even thinking about it today, a coworker had sent me an MMS, and I received it without thought. Until I got excited realizing I had just received an MMS. I sent back an MMS as well without a hitch. I think switching from PHONE to PTA, and adding hipri has helped a ton.
Can you post your APN settings that are working so well for you?

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Can you post your APN settings that are working so well for you?

Sure thing, here's what I've got.

Name: ATT LTE
APN: PTA
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Unsername: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentation Type: blank
APN Type: default,mms,supl,hipri (I'm not sure if the order here matters) You can also try adding in "admin" as well.
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol IPv4/IPv6
APN enable/disable checked and grayed
out on my phone
Bearer: unspecified

These were specified on XDA as the settings to use if you're coming from an S3(specifically with an S3 LTE sim, and data plan) Hope that helps!

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sure thing, here's what I've got.

Name: ATT LTE
APN: PTA
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Unsername: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentation Type: blank
APN Type: default,mms,supl,hipri (I'm not sure if the order here matters) You can also try adding in "admin" as well.
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol IPv4/IPv6
APN enable/disable checked and grayed
out on my phone
Bearer: unspecified

These were specified on XDA as the settings to use if you're coming from an S3(specifically with an S3 LTE sim, and data plan) Hope that helps!
Thanks!
No go for me speedtest average: 0.19mbps down 0.67mbps up - I had an S3 on a 4G LTE plan before getting my N4 (same plan I am on now although I am using the IMEI from my N4) I may have to get a hold of Tech Support and give them my S3 IMEI# and see if that helps, if not I am out of ideas on getting my N4 to work on AT&T correctly :(

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!
No go for me speedtest average: 0.19mbps down 0.67mbps up - I had an S3 on a 4G LTE plan before getting my N4 (same plan I am on now although I am using the IMEI from my N4) I may have to get a hold of Tech Support and give them my S3 IMEI# and see if that helps, if not I am out of ideas on getting my N4 to work on AT&T correctly :(

Yeah, I haven't given AT&T any other IMEI, and they still think I'm on an S3 as I haven't called them, and changed anything. It could be due to the fact that you changed your IMEI, but are using your S3's micro sim card. You might need a new one, or change the IMEI back to the S3 one. Good luck!

Redeuxx

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to add having just received my Nexus 4 that CyanogenMod includes the right APN settings for AT&T, StraightTalk, and T-Mobile.

IainThomson85

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I changed from an Iphone 4 to the N4, I was getting 16kb/s and 250ms ping. I switched over the APN settings and now I'm getting 11mb/s down and 100ms ping. I called AT&T and they moved me to the "datashare for smartphones", the guy said this covers HSPA+ but not LTE so should work for me. It was stuck on "Data share for iphone" previously which wasn't allowing HSPA+.

p1neapples

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Got off the phone with ATT (again) - they said they are putting in a case to add the device to the "4G Plan" so the correct plan will attach to the device instead of the standard "3G" plan which is killing speedtest.

AuntieJimbo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Look at your bill online and make sure and double sure and triple sure you have s Smartphone 4G/LTE data plan. We have a shared 10G plan (husband, kids, and I all have various flavors of smartphones), but mine was the only line NOT set for 4G/LTE. Based on what I've read, this is probably due to the IMEI not being something AT&T recognizes. Last night I opened an online chat support with AT&T and gave the super helpful guy the IMEI from my husband's Galaxy S II. Then the AT&T guy was able to change my data plan to the 4G/LTE. This morning I changed the APN settings to those in a few posts above.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what this is going to do to my phone speeds. My phone spends 90% of its waking hours on wifi. I generally dislike talking on the phone. I text a lot, though, so maybe this will increase the speed with which pictures of my dogs are sent to my husband when he's sitting nine feet away.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No dice. Very frustrated with att. They continue to tell me the Nexus 4 is a 3G device. Any other ideas?

Weird. I gave my Nexus 4 IMEI number to AT&T and they added the correct 4G for smartphones data plan. Depends on who you talk to I guess but they told me that they have added Nexus 4 IMEI to their system so that they can provide the correct plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89