Delay in receiving sms with multiple recipients.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that I get long delays in receiving sms if sent from Iphones to multiple recipients. My wife would receive it just fine but mine may take hours. She's on a Windows phone. Is this a known android issue? Is there a fix or some setting that I'm missing? I'm using the native messaging app.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had nothing but nightmare text MMS text issues with the N4. My suggestions is turning on and keeping on data even though you may use WiFi. A bit of a pain since I have very very limited data with T-Mobile. But it solved some of the MMS text msg issues. Still got issues right now though.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've heard some thing like that before about WiFi but seems a bit of difficult workaround as I need to use WiFi most of the time.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that I get long delays in receiving sms if sent from Iphones to multiple recipients. My wife would receive it just fine but mine may take hours. She's on a Windows phone. Is this a known android issue? Is there a fix or some setting that I'm missing? I'm using the native messaging app.

Is the iPhone sender using iMessage? That uses a data connection, whereas SMS uses part of the cellular network's voice channel. Maybe there's latency due to the network having to convert to SMS for delivery to non-iOS devices.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably. The thing is my wife's windows phone receives those messages just fine. So still could be a data issue that android has issues handling.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't think Android is the culprit. The translation from iMessage to SMS occurs in the network.

My wife is on the same network but different a different os but works fine. How could it not be an android issue?

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Happened again. This time about a 10 min delay. Seems pretty random in terns of how long the delays can be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89