Nexus 5: Charging issues

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

So my nexus 5 is starting to have issues. It's only about a week old and I'm seeing battery issues.

Started last night when I put it on charge as always. Woke up and it hadn't charged and was almost dead. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and left it 20 minutes. It charged to 40 percent in that amount of time. Seemed suspiciously fast.

Got to work and it was on 27 percent within the hour. It's now taken around an hour to charge 8 percent. Doesn't seem rite.

Anyone else seen this type of issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
seems fishy. Did you use the same charger and cable overnight as you did at work? If yes, try a different cable. If no, was the charger the same but different cable? Or did you leave the charger at home and take the same cable to work? OR, did you leave the charger and cable at home and use a different cable at home?

How's your reception at home? and at work?

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I used the same charger at home as I always have done but at work I used a different one. It's the same style but it's from an older nexus 4. The one at home is the one I've used since buying the phone and it's the official one that came with it.

The signal was the same as it always has been in both locations. I could accept the battery going low if the phone was off charge but the fact it just didn't charge at all over night and then was struggling to charge at work worries me a little

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk