Pixelated screen

bglb

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
First of I wanna say I love the nexus 7 tablet but unfortunately like many others I have the screen seperation problem. In my case its only very little so it doesn't bother me too much. However the thing that does bother me a great deal is the screen is so pixelated. During regular usage like surfing the net or reading ebooks its ok but for example when I play the Transformers movie it is super pixelated and I can see little squares everywhere especially during the dark scenes and the action scenes. The action scenes are pretty bad...it gets pretty blurry and is pretty hard to watch.

Is it just me or are other people experiencing this as well? I find it hard to believe that this is the quality of the screen of a device that is supposed to have 1280x800 resolution with 216dpi. Granted its not a Retina display or a Super Amoled display but there is no way the resolution can be this bad.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
First of I wanna say I love the nexus 7 tablet but unfortunately like many others I have the screen seperation problem. In my case its only very little so it doesn't bother me too much. However the thing that does bother me a great deal is the screen is so pixelated. During regular usage like surfing the net or reading ebooks its ok but for example when I play the Transformers movie it is super pixelated and I can see little squares everywhere especially during the dark scenes and the action scenes. The action scenes are pretty bad...it gets pretty blurry and is pretty hard to watch.

Is it just me or are other people experiencing this as well? I find it hard to believe that this is the quality of the screen of a device that is supposed to have 1280x800 resolution with 216dpi. Granted its not a Retina display or a Super Amoled display but there is no way the resolution can be this bad.

Did you download the whole movie before watching it or stream it?

bglb

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm streaming it but my internet speed is around 30mbps so i didn't really think about that. Guess I will try to download it first an watch it. Also have similar problem when watching Netflix although its not as bad. It could all be a streaming problem. Will test it out.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I streamed it too - it looked fantastic with zero pixelating (unfortunately the movie is awful but that is another story). So if it still pixelates contact Google - you should see none.

bglb

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Ya I just downloaded the movie and it looks a lot better but there is no way I'm going to download every freaking movie on to this thing since it only has 16gb. Isn't the Nexus 7 made for streaming content considering the limited amount of space and no SD card slot? And my internet speed is not slow by any means. Anyway will keep playing around with it for a few more days and then exchange for another one whenever possible. Thanks for the comments guys.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana