What to do when sending back?

zenibear

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I am returning my N7 due to screen lift and will receive a replacement. Do I wipe everything and if so, how? Also I know there are back up apps, what do you recommend and is there anything for data? Will I lose points/levels etc on games?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Traveler5

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, do a factory reset and wipe everything off the N7 before sending it back. All your apps are already backed up to Google Play so you don't need to worry about getting them back on your new N7. Any data you may have saved on the device would be lost after the wipe. Although, many web browsers let you back up bookmarks. You'll also lose all of the custom settings you may have made to the device so you may want to note what they are so you can set the up on your new device the way you like it. I don't know about game data, whether or not it's already backed up somewhere online for some of your games. A lot of your game data is stored on the device and you'll lose it. I'll bet the Google Play store has an app that can capture data and can be backed up somewhere to restore later.

Last edited:
Reactions: zenibear

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site
log in the wallet website and deactivate the device. when I sent my back my wallet was still listed on the device and it said it would deactivate the next time I turning on. but I had already wiped it and sent it back.

also respond to the RMA email and tell them you have shipped it. I got the hold taken off my card a few days before they even got it. not sure if that helped or if they were watching the ups tracker

Sent from my Nexus 7

Reactions: zenibear

zenibear

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both of you, I'll follow your advice, all very helpful.
I spent hours getting it the way I like it, just hope the replacement is perfect!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87