Have You Gotten KitKat 4.? Thread

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
You're screwing up your phone by doing that lol. Google has strongly advised people not to do that cuz it messes something up.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...s-clearing-data-google-service-framework.html

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Nothing in that post screams "you're messing up your device." It says it could affect some non-specific things. Unless they will give specific examples of actual problems, and steps to take to fix any issues, it sound more like FUD, and not the Elmer variety. Doesn't mean it's a good idea, but I need more proof before I believe it's a real problem.

franko515

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife's OG Nexus 7 just got the update. Daughter hasn't gotten it yet OG N7. Still waiting on mine N7 2013

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

My N7 2013 Got it
adeqapuj.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7

Alcarnor14

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got it this evening on my LTE 2013 Nexus 7. The screen tap/touch response is MUCH MUCH improved now. Seems to run even faster too, if that's possible.

Guillaume Labrecque

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got it tonight for my Nexus 7 2013 in Canada. My daughter also got it today for her Nexus 4.
So far, no big changes that I see, save for the change of colors in the taskbar and some icon changes (Parameters).

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
FINALLY got the OTA on my N7 2013 here in NYC a couple of hours ago, first thing I did was unlock the easter egg. :)

Posted via Android Central App

LucyLucid

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got it right now, but I'll wait for google to work out bugs and wait for apps to update for 4.4 before installing, but the main reason is that 4.4 loses support for flash so I need to think about it.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My Kit Kat started loading at about the same time as the furnace guy got my heat back on... double the pleasure. :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

brattyc

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Just got home from work and thought I give the update a check....I almost had a heart attack, they were just starting the upgrade. One down and one to go (N7 12)

UPDATE: Just checked the N7 12 and it got it too. One thing I did notice is that the update for '13 is 242 MB and the one for '12 is only 185. Does anyone know why there's a difference or is it because one is older?

Last edited:

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My update arrived this morning. I'm not sure what's different though!

Voice to text doesn't seem to be improved any.

Doug

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got it right now, but I'll wait for google to work out bugs and wait for apps to update for 4.4 before installing, but the main reason is that 4.4 loses support for flash so I need to think about it.

I upgraded before I read that flash was broken in kitkat. Now no flash support. Is there any way around this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk