Have You Gotten KitKat 4.? Thread

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
This sucks. All I'm getting is that same "waiting to download" screen that's been on there for two days now and its not downloading anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tkao2025

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Just received it last night. Don't see a huge change so far except for mail app and grey icon top. Oh and sound new sounds when you touch the screen.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Not fair! My wife's Nexus 7 LTE just got notification of the update but not mine. I want my KitKat!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
ughhhhh.......good to know im not the only one without an update.....was getting ready to call larry to complain HAHA

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got a new nexus 7 yesterday at Best Buy. Within 30 seconds of turning it on the first time the update popped up and downloaded in just a few minutes.

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Got fed up of waiting for the OTA and sideloaded it today. I was having real issues with the drivers when trying to do it via Windows 7, so had a go using Ubuntu instead; job was done within 5-10 minutes. God bless Linux.

Just for good measure, I nabbed the GEL apk too and am now fully up and running with Kitkat. It seems to all work very nicely, although it's not quite as buttery smooth as my N5 in operation. Just the slightest judder going to the app drawer or swiping across to Google Now. I don't know whether that's an optimisation thing or hardware thing (probably a bit of both). Still, I'm happy; now for the impatient wait for 4.5 news ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolwilliamson