Have You Gotten KitKat 4.? Thread

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally got my upgrade. Honestly can't tell much difference! Am I missing something?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
So I pick up my old cracked screened N7 2012 which I haven't touched in quite awhile. It prompted me to update to 4.3. Of course all my apps needed updating. After all that it prompted another update. Yes it was 4.4 Kit Kat. Still no update for my 2013 N7 though. (Baltimore)

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Did the framework trick as well and updated it today. Just wish it has the translucent bars on it. Other than that just some minor visual differences.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting for KitKat on my Nexus 7 here in NYC. :p You'd think Google would have the server power to roll this out a little faster...

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting for KitKat on my Nexus 7 here in NYC. :p You'd think Google would have the server power to roll this out a little faster...

Just did the Google Framework Services trick and got the update on my 2013. Working on my daughter's 2012 right now.

It's weird how the "trick" sometimes has to be done multiple times in order to trigger the download. The same action should NOT produce different results -- yet it clearly does!

Edit: Hers is downloading now. :)

--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Last edited:

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Just did the Google Framework Services trick and got the update on my 2013. Working on my daughter's 2012 right now.

It's weird how the "trick" sometimes has to be done multiple times in order to trigger the download. The same action should NOT produce different results -- yet it clearly does!

Edit: Here's is downloading now. :)

--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

You're screwing up your phone by doing that lol. Google has strongly advised people not to do that cuz it messes something up.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...s-clearing-data-google-service-framework.html

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Luckily, the Nexus 7 isn't a phone!

And BTW: KitKat seems to have fixed all of my keyboard issues. (Lag, uncommanded repeats of a key, uncommanded long holds)
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Unluckily, it doesn't matter whether its a phone or not

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Unluckily, it doesn't matter whether its a phone or not

Meh. If it kills automatic push notices, that's probably a good thing.

As with everything on a tablet, it's too easy to push "Yes" to every push request. The end result is that you get notified of everything from "breaking news" to someone posting another picture of their great dinner on Facebook.

A clean slate isn't a bad thing. If I want to set 'em up again, it's simple.

(And, BTW: Without lifting a finger, I'm still receiving gmail, weather, and Green Bay Packer push notices. Breaking News seems to have gone away -- either that, or there's simply nothing happening in the world right now. lol)
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Meh. If it kills automatic push notices, that's probably a good thing.

As with everything on a tablet, it's too easy to push "Yes" to every push request. The end result is that you get notified of everything from "breaking news" to someone posting another picture of their great dinner on Facebook.

A clean slate isn't a bad thing. If I want to set 'em up again, it's simple.

(And, BTW: Without lifting a finger, I'm still receiving gmail, weather, and Green Bay Packer push notices. Breaking News seems to have gone away -- either that, or there's simply nothing happening in the world right now. lol)
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Haha nothing happening in the world? Maybe here in Canada nothing is happening.. Maybe Toronto's mayor is drunk and high again lol :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waimopete