Does charging ever stop?

cab2

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I was under the impression that newer kernels stop charging when the battery gets to 100% so as to prevent heating the battery. I'm using Google's wireless charger and it draws a constant 1.1 Watts even when the battery is fully charged.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The charger draws a constant 1.1W or the device does?
If the former, I wouldn't take issue with that - the charger doesn't know that the device is fully charged; it's the device that determines that it's fully charged, and it stops drawing current when appropriate. Meanwhile the charger is still outputting the same charge signal.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
The charger uses a transformer to output the appropriate voltage for your device. The primary winding of the transformer will always be drawing current from the mains socket. That does not mean the device, your battery, will be drawing from the secondary winding, however.

cab2

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm measuring at the wall with a kill-a-watt. If I remove the charger from the N7 wattage drops to 0, so the AC adapter works OK.

If I snap the wireless charger back onto the N7, it draws 1.1 watts even if N7 is fully charged.

So I'm thinking that the wireless charger bypasses the kernel and attempts to charge regardless, which is what makes the N7 warm?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981