Moving from sprint g nexus to t-mobile g nexus

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

just wanted to say hello. I have just ordered the unlocked galaxy nexus from google play and returning the sprint galaxy nexus.I will be moving to the monthly 4g plans on t-mobile..

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!

I just got the GN last week. Wish I knew it was coming stateside. That $399 price is awesome. And the takju build will be supported direct from Google with no reflashing needed.

But even at the $500 I paid, the GN on t-mo is great. Getting 6 - 8 mbs with HSPA+.

Reactions: thoughthalo

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome!

I just got the GN last week. Wish I knew it was coming stateside. That $399 price is awesome. And the takju build will be supported direct from Google with no reflashing needed.

But even at the $500 I paid, the GN on t-mo is great. Getting 6 - 8 mbs with HSPA+.

Thanks that's great. Btw I got my shipment notification from Google today in the morning at 1:40 am. So hopefully I will have it with me before the end of this week. Just waiting on the sim card from tmobile.
Then it is goodbye contracts...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Holy cow! Are tmo's monthly 4G plans a typo or something? What the catch?

Not a typo.. :) I am on monthly 4g. Just get your own phone order your sim card and select your phone.
Seeing these rates your realize how much our carriers make from us when we are on contract ..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Holy cow! Are tmo's monthly 4G plans a typo or something? What the catch?

The catches are:

1) no roaming
2) ty/nonexistant customer service
3) prepaid (service shuts off if you don't pay by midnight of the 30th day)
4) no free nights/weekends/mobile-to-mobile minutes. Get what you get.
5) no conditional call forwarding
6) have to disable T-Mo voicemail to use Google Voice voicemail natively (see #5)
7) must bring your own device (aka full price $$$)

That being said, I use T-Mobile prepaid ($30 5gb plan) and its pretty solid. But my biggest warning is this: know what you're getting into before signing up. The $30 plan is literally unbeatable if you don't need many minutes. The $60 and $70 plans can definitely be beaten by Straight Talk ($45) and Simple Mobile ($60 but more data). But if you just like going with the bigger company the $60 and $70 tiers are pretty solid. Knowing where the data throttle point is and knowing you can't be kicked off is good. Not all prepaid carriers offer the same benefit.

Obvious pro's (to any prepaid carrier):
1) PRICE
2) no contract
3) bring your own device
4) unblocked tethering
5) switch carriers/plans any time
6) price, again. prices are amazing.

May 17, 2012
Visit site
It seems like you purchased the SIM card directly from t-mobile.com which is exactly what Im doing atm. Also waiting or it to arrive.

Did you have any trouble activating the SIM card and picking the Walmart plan? If so, how did you go about fixing it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19