Skeptical about the UI

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I really want to get this phone but my main concerns is the software because I really want a htc made dual core lte but the bionic is very close it just doesn't have sense( which means no htc lol) but I won't how the new blur 3d is and if its ok nice sleek and fast then I just might get but I'm gonna have to see how the d3 is because don't they have the same ui

adinofaries

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little confused as to why a thread was made for this. Having that been said... from everything I've read over the last several months about the bionic - and that of which specifically pertains to the new 3d moto ui - is that it should be something that people actually want on their phones. Of course if you don't want it you could always just remove it via root. My advice is that you ought to just wait until it comes out in a couple weeks. Go to the store and use it some. If you like it take it home with you, if not don't and buy a thunderbolt or wait until the next htc phone comes out.

Reactions: shipwrestler125
Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
If you need sense why not wait and see if Verizon gets a dual core htc or go with the thunderbolt? I'm cobfused as to what you want if sense is a must go check out the TB and see how you llike that otherwise agree with adin when it comes out go play with the bionic see if you like it and can manage without sense because right now there is no word on any dual core htc coming to vzw in the near future.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I really want to get this phone but my main concerns is the software because I really want a htc made dual core lte but the bionic is very close it just doesn't have sense( which means no htc lol) but I won't how the new blur 3d is and if its ok nice sleek and fast then I just might get but I'm gonna have to see how the d3 is because don't they have the same ui

From what I've seen on the Motorola Droid 3 on Motorola's Youtube page (motorolatv), the 3D Blur is lightning quick. I've never gotten a chance to really sit down and play with Moto-phones but all I hear is how "crappy" Blur is. I couldn't see the "crappiness" of Blur in those videos. It should be even better on the Bionic as the Bionic will most likely have DDR2 RAM as opposed to the DDR RAM found on the Droid 3...

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
From what I've seen on the Motorola Droid 3 on Motorola's Youtube page (motorolatv), the 3D Blur is lightning quick. I've never gotten a chance to really sit down and play with Moto-phones but all I hear is how "crappy" Blur is. I couldn't see the "crappiness" of Blur in those videos. It should be even better on the Bionic as the Bionic will most likely have DDR2 RAM as opposed to the DDR RAM found on the Droid 3...

Not to mention double the ram.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
You can always use Launcher Pro Plus and Beautiful Widgets to get the HTC Sense Look!
Samples:1st two on the Droid X and The 3rd is the Droid

13476d1281877712-can-i-put-htc-sense-ui-droid-x-xcapture2010081508411.jpg
13477d1281877758-can-i-put-htc-sense-ui-droid-x-xcapture201008150906.jpg
thumb_450_htcsense.jpg

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
Wait what, you run Sense on your OG Droid?

Whatever the UI or software, it doesn't matter to me so long as it's an unlocked bootloader and we can get custom debloated roms on it. I have the full version of Launcher Pro on my Eris, probably wouldn't use anything else.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Just use Launcher Pro. It takes over the Moto Blur UI and runs much smother on most all devices. I don't understand why anyone would want any HTC phone...they have the most horrible battery management system of all manufacturers. Having a phone that only runs 4 to 8 hours between chages is unacceptable. I actually think the culprit is the Sense UI that sucks the juice.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just use Launcher Pro. It takes over the Moto Blur UI and runs much smother on most all devices. I don't understand why anyone would want any HTC phone...they have the most horrible battery management system of all manufacturers. Having a phone that only runs 4 to 8 hours between chages is unacceptable. I actually think the culprit is the Sense UI that sucks the juice.

4-8 hours? I get at least a full day out of my Incredible with moderate usage.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I generally agree with you, However, I think it is poor reception, as compared to Motorola, that is the main problem. If someone is always in a great signal area they never notice this - but Motorola phones can still pull in signal even in fairly weak areas. When a phone is struggling to poll for voice signal and for data or running on 1x and trying to find a 3g signal your battery will die really quickly. This will happen even to my Droid in a dead zone - 4 hours and the batteries dead - but it has happened to me with HTC products far more often.

Reactions: jroc

neller2000

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
4-8 hours? I get at least a full day out of my Incredible with moderate usage.

My HTC Thunderbolt gets about 2 hours doing nothing but staying in my pocket. My first day I had it, left my home with it fully charged, by the time my first break hit two hours later it was dead. I thought it was broke, nope, turns out that's the battery life.

Bought the biggest extended battery I could, now it lasts just about 8 hours. All that aside, I don't think it's the Sense UI that's eating the battery though.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

I thought the droid 3 had ddr2 as it had an omap 4430, is there an app that checks this?
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

UNC_Bball

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
How do you think the UI of the Droid 3 will compare to the Bionic? I went into Verizon today just to try out the D3 and I really like the interface. When I first asked for it the reps were talking about how one of them took it home for the night. I was fooling with it and stumbled upon some interesting text messages they forgot to delete lol.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
How do you think the UI of the Droid 3 will compare to the Bionic? I went into Verizon today just to try out the D3 and I really like the interface. When I first asked for it the reps were talking about how one of them took it home for the night. I was fooling with it and stumbled upon some interesting text messages they forgot to delete lol.

I am guessing it will be bigger, a bit more powerful (depends on ram), with LTE and less battery life. I think of it like the droid x to the OG droid, bigger and faster.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm still interested to see whether its battery life is better or worse than the Charge. Pentile is supposedly a bit more efficient, though I'm not sure if I believe that (not gonna state my personal opinion on how they compare visually, but that should be obvious :cool:), yet the Bionic's screen is bigger. The cpu is newer and a Cortex-A9, so it should be more efficient, but who knows how well the governor's respond, and if one core is able to truly idle while the other clocks up. That will depend on both hardware design (which I expect to be quite good from TI), as well as whatever load-balancing and scheduling is built into the Android OS (which I doubt is truly optimized for battery life at this point). There's also the issue of RAM, as 1gb will keep the phone from slowing down under heavy usage, allowing you to finish your work and go back to idle faster, yet more ram eats more battery, whether its being used or not. Lastly there's the radio, and while I would expect that they would use a newer radio at this point, I don't believe that any new ones have been certified since the Charge dropped. Of course the battery itself is a bit bigger, but the difference isn't huge.

So we will have to wait and see, but it will be tough for the Bionic to beat the Charge in battery life, given its larger size and more powerful hardware. I expect it will be similar enough that it will depend mostly on usage, but if the Bionic's battery life isn't close to the Charge's, I expect it will be a hard sell at a higher price with a (subjectivity alert) less appealing screen in many opinions.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of the new Moto UI on the D3/Bionic, I heard the icons in the app drawer scroll Horizontal? Not vertical like i am used to. Anyone know if this can be changed? If not that will give me enough reason to stick with Launcher Pro.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Have there been any extremely reliable sources that have actually been able to "confirm" some of these assumptions I keep seeing/reading about?!? Such as the "larger" screen (assuming by larger, people are referring to the speculated 4.5 vs. 4.3).....I haven't come across anywhere that has confirmed that. Also, I seem to recall reading (though uncertain where so don't hold me to this) that the UI/version of Blur (or whatever they want to call it now) would be a different/even newer in the Bionic vs what was released in the D3.....

I know this sounds like a broken record, but it would REALLY be nice to see some official specs soon if this device is truly getting so close to launching!

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of the new Moto UI on the D3/Bionic, I heard the icons in the app drawer scroll Horizontal? Not vertical like i am used to. Anyone know if this can be changed? If not that will give me enough reason to stick with Launcher Pro.

It scrolls horizontally. I actually kind of like it. Also, you can set up groups of apps which is awesome for not seeing all the verizon bloatware or any icon (like live wallpapers) that you won't be pressing often.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Have there been any extremely reliable sources that have actually been able to "confirm" some of these assumptions I keep seeing/reading about?!? Such as the "larger" screen (assuming by larger, people are referring to the speculated 4.5 vs. 4.3).....I haven't come across anywhere that has confirmed that. Also, I seem to recall reading (though uncertain where so don't hold me to this) that the UI/version of Blur (or whatever they want to call it now) would be a different/even newer in the Bionic vs what was released in the D3.....

I know this sounds like a broken record, but it would REALLY be nice to see some official specs soon if this device is truly getting so close to launching!

I think it might be glossed over but I am guessing gingerblur for two phones with the same processor released within a month is going to be fairly close.

terrapin01

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm still interested to see whether its battery life is better or worse than the Charge.

I don't see how it could be possible for it to have better battery life than the Charge. We're talking 33% more pixels, double the CPU cores, double the RAM... and only 8.5% more juice in the battery. The chips would have to be much more efficient to make up for all that. In theory, proper tuning could do alot for battery life, but that is probably still a ways off. What I'm realistically expecting is battery life somewhere between the Revolution and the Thunderbolt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nusaka