People going to droid X?

Will you switch?

• Total voters

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
So droid X comes out in 8 days or so, I have had the Droid from day one and loved it the entire time. I like the root access and all the goodness it gives me.

So the question to the droid community is will people be moving over to the Droid X?

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I was tempted, but I think I will wait to see what the Droid Pro WE is like at the end of the year. I have ONE available upgrade on my family plan left, so I don't want to waste it. ;)

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
My NE2 is up in July of 2011...right when the wave of LTE phones should be hitting, so I'm desperately trying to save my upgrade for that point. If an X fell into my lap for free, I'd use it, but I dont want to screw myself for the BIG upgrade. 2.2 and its performance increase should be able to hold me over for the wait.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
My NE2 is up in July of 2011...right when the wave of LTE phones should be hitting, so I'm desperately trying to save my upgrade for that point. If an X fell into my lap for free, I'd use it, but I dont want to screw myself for the BIG upgrade. 2.2 and its performance increase should be able to hold me over for the wait.

That's my thought. I don't have an upgrade until next year. In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy with my rooted Droid running 2.2. :D

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I will wait until I can upgrade next Feb and see what latest and greatest will be coming out then that is LTE capable.

stillpwning

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Very tempted, not too sure so far... My Droid is awesome, and the X seems awesome, but I'm not sure I want to give up vanilla Android (earlier updates) and the keyboard.

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
one thing i know i will try to do is make a big deal about an early upgrade... AT&T let iphone users upgrade early why cant I? Maybe I'll just have to switch for that kind of service...(bluff)

pjjanak

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
one thing i know i will try to do is make a big deal about an early upgrade... AT&T let iphone users upgrade early why cant I? Maybe I'll just have to switch for that kind of service...(bluff)

There is an early upgrade program, as long as your next upgrade is by the end of this year.

Peter

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't even upgrade yet but there really just aren't that many improvements IMO. It's too incremental. I'll upgrade when there's more of a significant different between the Droid and the new devices hitting the market. I'm waiting for things such as 4G, dual cores, etc.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought about it...and well, I'm still thinking about it. I may pick it up, but it won't be on launch day. I'll make my decision when all of the details concerning the Droid 2 are released. I figure by that time, more info concerning a potential LTE device will be known.

G

GenericMessage

Actually, I wanted to go with the X when originally hearing the rumors and such.

But the lack of a front facing camera, and no vanilla android leaves me wanting.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
As amazing as the Droid X seems on paper, I don't think I can give up my good old original Droid. The Vanilla OS, vibrant root and ROM community, the ability to overclock, the full QWERTY keyboard, and the amazing screen resolution are enough to make me stay for another year or two. Furthermore, I heard today that although the X has a larger screen than the Droid, they are both at the same resolution. Wouldn't this result in a more lackluster, fuzzy image on the X?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thought the x spec sheet looks nice its pretty locked down. And vzw is acting stupid with my upgrade. They say I'm not eligible though I have one this year. Oh well makes my decision easy. I really want a front facing camera and a phone that's somewhere future proof. The x doesn't seem like it will soldier on as good as the Droid has.
edit
Looks like it has a digitally signed bootloader like the milestone. That rules this phone out for me. Yeah it may get rooted. But how fun is root if I can't load custom roms

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz