iOS 7 vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't understand why Jeff refuses to believe the Apple products are superior for certain people.

Normally he's very much a proponent of other solutions for other people not working for him and having options, etc. For example, the cloud works amazingly for me, but it doesn't work for him, so he needs to use his device differently than I do. I think you guys might be misunderstanding each other's point of view.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
That's somewhat subjective, depending on the devices being compared. I personally can't stand the iOS UI, but I do appreciate the smoothness of transitions, etc. They certainly do spend a lot more time on polish and it shows, but that's not overly attractive to me if I feel like I'm losing something to get it. But, I'm one of the people that I exclude from the majority in phones, because I spend a lot of time thinking about, writing about and playing with phones. The particulars of each OS matter very much to me in how I can/do use it. Conversely, many people are really particular about other things that I couldn't care less about.

I know you don't care, but animations and the software feel and look is really important to me. I really love iOS 7's look.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
That's somewhat subjective, depending on the devices being compared. I personally can't stand the iOS UI, but I do appreciate the smoothness of transitions, etc. They certainly do spend a lot more time on polish and it shows, but that's not overly attractive to me if I feel like I'm losing something to get it. But, I'm one of the people that I exclude from the majority in phones, because I spend a lot of time thinking about, writing about and playing with phones. The particulars of each OS matter very much to me in how I can/do use it. Conversely, many people are really particular about other things that I couldn't care less about.

I hope that everybody reads the whole paragraph and does not attack me for the next sentence because they didn't read past it.

Haven't you held an iPhone in your hand? Doesn't the Sun get brighter? Your senses sharper? I noticed when I had my iPhone, that people would wink and smile at me more frequently. I even felt 10 years younger.

Now what I just stated is the amazing legacy of the marketing skill marvel that was Steve Jobs. I don't know where it came from because all in all a nerd, maybe the one and true superior Alpha Nerd, but a nerd none the less.

This one lesson people who are looking to move upward in life need to focus on.

Always believe the service or product you offer is the best experience possible that can be given to the customer. Believe it even if it isn't true, believe even if you can't necessarily perform to those own expectations. Because by believing it, there will be others who will believe in you because of it.

Point is, there are many people who believe that Apple will always offer the best experience because Apple believes in it too.

Even if it isn't true anymore or wasn't true in the first place.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
And I believe this is what a majority of people do with their smart phones. People who root and ROM are a small margin. I think most people want to call, text, browse, listen to music, and take pictures/videos with their phone. Which the iPhone does these basic things extremely well which is why it is such a good selling device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If iOS7 is still drastically outmatched my Android 4.2, how can KLP be inferior to iOS7?

Ask the man himself. He's seen KLP and knows what it is, and he said point blank it will be disappointing compared to iOS 7. Its not really up for debate, because out of you, me, or anyone else here, he's the only one that's actually seen it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ask the man himself. He's seen KLP and knows what it is, and he said point blank it will be disappointing compared to iOS 7. Its not really up for debate, because out of you, me, or anyone else here, he's the only one that's actually seen it.

It's just a really weird statement, given that I haven't heard anyone say 4.1 or 4.2 is a disappointment compared to iOS7. Are you saying the relative incremental lift won't be as impressive as that from iOS6 to iOS7 or somehow that JB will regress and become less than it is now? Or is this under the assumption that iOS7 is now better at being Android than Jelly Bean is? Either the assumptions need clarifying or the language of the output, because within the context of Android OS updates, something is missing. And disappointing to who?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's just a really weird statement, given that I haven't heard anyone say 4.1 or 4.2 is a disappointment compared to iOS7. Are you saying the relative incremental lift won't be as impressive as that from iOS6 to iOS7 or somehow that JB will regress and become less than it is now? Or is this under the assumption that iOS7 is now better at being Android than Jelly Bean is? Either the assumptions need clarifying or the language of the output, because within the context of Android OS updates, something is missing. And disappointing to who?

I don't have the answers for that because I haven't seen it. But he was unambiguous in his statement.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes but when it is done by an Apple product it is a vastly superior experience.

I disagree. With android phones you can have bigger displays, and way better display quality. The newest android phones have displays that blow the iPhone retina display out of the water. If I am browsing the web, I would want a sharp display to give me a great experience.

Posted via Android Central App

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
What have they really added that Android does not already have (and better)?

Still no widgets. Still no 3rd party app integration. They added a live wallpaper that you cannot change. I suppose it is better than nothing, but it is certainly not innovative and not something we have all not seen before years ago.

Its not like live wallpaper, its only for the lock screen. Which is super lame.

Sent from my HTC One

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I disagree. With android phones you can have bigger displays, and way better display quality. The newest android phones have displays that blow the iPhone retina display out of the water. If I am browsing the web, I would want a sharp display to give me a great experience.

Posted via Android Central App

If you read my following post you will realize there was some sarcasm to this and some truth to how Apple thinks.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

That idea is still confusing. Are we losing features in KLP? Is Google making a funny?

I just find that unlikely.

Also confused why we're discussing KLP when it's speculated that 4.3 is next.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

That doesn't address what Libertarian said to you. His point was that 4.2 already IS better than iOS 7. So it doesn't really matter what blackmanx thinks of KLP either way. KLP could blow chunks and it doesn't make any difference since it's already better without it at all.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That idea is still confusing. Are we losing features in KLP? Is Google making a funny?

I just find that unlikely.

Also confused why we're discussing KLP when it's speculated that 4.3 is next.

That doesn't address what Libertarian said to you. His point was that 4.2 already IS better than iOS 7. So it doesn't really matter what blackmanx thinks of KLP either way. KLP could blow chunks and it doesn't make any difference since it's already better without it at all.

That's pretty much what I was asking too... I get how it could be a disappointment to people expecting it to be leaps and bounds ahead of 4.2.2 or 4.3 or whatever, but how could it realistically be worse than 4.2.2?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm telling you want someone from Google, who is a reliable source of information, said about KLP. Take it or leave it. But since he's actually seen it and knows what features it includes, it would be foolish to ignore it.

Also, it is your guys' opinion that 4.2 is better than iOS 7; he does not agree.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

ask who? can you post and link to who said that? you keep posting about this mysterious guy who dont even exist.

reliable source?? post a link znd then talk

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
ask who? can you post and link to who said that? you keep posting about this mysterious guy who dont even exist

Blackmanx. His twitter is @black_man_x.

He is well known in the android community for leaking info about handsets.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Blackmanx. His twitter is @black_man_x.

He is well known in the android community for leaking info about handsets.

ok, can you post his twitter post saying that klp is disappointing compared to iOS7 like you mentioned?

you keep telling this but with no proof. post at least one.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
ok, can you post his twitter post saying that klp is disappointing compared to iOS7 like you mentioned?

you keep telling this but with no proof. post at least one.

"Apple allows others to fail and then comes along and refines it and makes it meaningful. Ios7 is leaps ahead of key lime"

It's still a broken statement, given that it seems to assume either that iOS7 is leaps and bounds ahead of Android 4.1 or 4.2 or 4.3, or that KLP is somehow worse than 4.2 or 4.1, etc. Either statement, without a lot of supporting evidence that's not currently available, is patently untrue by conventional observation.

Consider: 4.1 >= iOS7, 4.2 > 4.1, 4.3 is assumed to be >= 4.2, 5.0 is assumed to be >= 4.3.

Qualitative judgments can only be based on the availability of features and options available to the user. Consideration is given to iOS7 for "polish" granting the possibility of equality with 4.1. In other words, what can the Apple device do that a 4.1 device cannot, and vice versa, repeat for each iteration of each OS.

The only way that the result could be iOS7 > 5.0 is if 4.1 is assumed to be lesser than iOS7; that's a very misleading assumption that needs to be clearly stated up front so that everything that follows can be thrown in the context. Since KLP will obviously not be worse than JB, we can only conclude that the person saying it is lesser than iOS7 is assuming that iOS7 is better than JB, at which point the debate must reside on that premise and not on the comparison of rumored additions to the already superior system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals41