What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
So is continually defending the bugs which you're not observant enough to see or the lame back which was mentioned in every review.

I'm not sure what the motivation is to attack me either, but whatever makes you feel better Ken. ;)
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

What bugs are you talking about? The "bugs" that I've read in reviews, aren't issues. The problem is, most people on this forum have the LG G2 and are either very happy with it, or trying to fix something. People like you are just hear to bash the phone.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
How many legit reviewers actually use the devise they are reviewing for more than a couple of hours? With a phone (IMO) you need to really use it for at least a week or more to really decide what features etc you like or dislike. With a smartphone, you can't just unbox it and start writing a review of it then toss the phone aside after at most an hour or two of hands on time. Seems a lot of "reviewers" are hell bent on being "first" in the online world of reviews etc and take little time to sit and get to know the device they were offered up to review. I take most reviews with a grain of salt these days.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
What bugs are you talking about? The "bugs" that I've read in reviews, aren't issues. The problem is, most people on this forum have the LG G2 and are either very happy with it, or trying to fix something. People like you are just hear to bash the phone.

All explained here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1427146/the-lg-g2-a-greasy-powerhouse

Thats a very honest review where at first I was super happy with the phone, but ultimately decided to pass.

This is a thread about mediocre reviews. My "review" is mediocre, so I figured I'd explain why some folks are less than thrilled.

NevetsDrassel

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
This is my first smartphone. I had my choices narrowed down between the Samsung S4, HTC One, and the LG G2. I also looked at the iPhone and the Experia Z1. I spent a great deal of time researching all of them and handling some of them that were available at the local store. So much so, that some people though that I was an employee because I knew more about the phones then the store employees did. I also read tons of reviews, both good and bad, from around the world on different models. I spent about a month of diligent research before I made my choice.

My choice was the LG G2 for reasons that are my own. I am very very happy with it and do not give a rats patooie about other peoples opinions of it.

My only concern is the CIQ with no opt out capability. Bad move AT&T and it may be a deal breaker for me. I fear that I will be so disappointed if I dump the LG G2 and have to choose a "lesser model" of the ones that I checked out.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
This is my first smartphone. I had my choices narrowed down between the Samsung S4, HTC One, and the LG G2. I also looked at the iPhone and the Experia Z1. I spent a great deal of time researching all of them and handling some of them that were available at the local store. So much so, that some people though that I was an employee because I knew more about the phones then the store employees did. I also read tons of reviews, both good and bad, from around the world on different models. I spent about a month of diligent research before I made my choice.

My choice was the LG G2 for reasons that are my own. I am very very happy with it and do not give a rats patooie about other peoples opinions of it.

My only concern is the CIQ with no opt out capability. Bad move AT&T and it may be a deal breaker for me. I fear that I will be so disappointed if I dump the LG G2 and have to choose a "lesser model" of the ones that I checked out.

Go to setting, apps, running, android system, iq agent, stop.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
All explained here:

The LG G2 - A Greasy Powerhouse!

Thats a very honest review where at first I was super happy with the phone, but ultimately decided to pass.

This is a thread about mediocre reviews. My "review" is mediocre, so I figured I'd explain why some folks are less than thrilled.

Fair enough. I skimmed the review and you had a lot of positive points. Sorry the phone didn't workout for you

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! That is how I feel. Ken said his phone barely gets warm and I believe him. Unfortunately, 3 tries did not get me his phone and I started to feel ridiculous going into the store w/ the same problem over and over, so I called it quits.

Why am I still coming back to these threads? Cause I'm getting subscription notis', but mostly I'm just going through withdrawal. I'm very opinionated and that gets me in trouble all the time. But when there's a positive, I'm just as loud.

The G2 is fast. Not just fast, but SCREAMING fast.

The G2 has almost NO input lag. Using the Note 2 feels like your finger is attached to a rubber band. You can actually see your thumb move before the screen does, lol!

The G2's touch sensor is the 1st Android phone to finally match the iPhone IMO.

The G2's formfactor is incredibly perfect. It is MUCH easier to hold and even one hand than the Note 2.

Inside stills from the G2's camera were FANTASTIC.

The G2's text clarity is beyond reproach.

I would have loved to keep the phone and like I said, had I gotten a cooler running device, I might have kept it. Also, that back...I mean, c'mon man, you HAVE to admit the designers were on crack when they made that! Unless they WANT you to drop your phone...

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It's LGs horrible UI. All the reviews hated it and just like the S4, They didn't like the gimmicks. Another phone with all the power ruined by these companies horrible UIs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I actually like lgs ui. It's not bloated like Samsung has some cool features that can be turned off if needed. I never run a stock launcher so that doesn't bother me. First phone since G1 days that I don't feel the need to flash a ROM.
It's LGs horrible UI. All the reviews hated it and just like the S4, They didn't like the gimmicks. Another phone with all the power ruined by these companies horrible UIs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

NevetsDrassel

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Go to setting, apps, running, android system, iq agent, stop.

I have done that but I am not sure that CIQ is not running somewhere else. I downloaded Voodoo CIQ Check and the first time I ran it, it indicated that CIQ was installed and running. So I did the app thing and reran Voodoo CIQ. Showed it was installed but not active. Rebooted the phone and did the app thing, ran Voodoo CIQ and CIQ was still running even though I had forced stopped the CIQ Agent. So I did the Android System force stop and then ran Voodoo CIQ and again it showed CIQ was installed but not active.

So you have to stop both the CIQ Agent AND the Android System that the CIQ Agent was residing in. So far no problems but again, there is no guarantee that CIQ is not running somewhere else under a different name. AT&T model.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I actually like lgs ui. It's not bloated like Samsung has some cool features that can be turned off if needed. I never run a stock launcher so that doesn't bother me. First phone since G1 days that I don't feel the need to flash a ROM.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

While I didn't care for the LG software, I never once felt like it weighed the phone down.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So you prefer a super slippery glossy back to a nice soft touch matte? And you prefer the OS to be cluttered? You...PREFER...this.

And yes, everyone has those bugs. Some people are just oblivious to them.

Not everyone has those bugs. My auto brightness works perfectly. I have no camera issues.

You speak in absolutes, but don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, don't have it.

Turn your brightness down below 20% and scroll up and down on a web page. You should see it. I run at auto with a 70% baseline though and its a non issue at that brightness level.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

NevetsDrassel

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Turn your brightness down below 20% and scroll up and down on a web page. You should see it. I run at auto with a 70% baseline though and its a non issue at that brightness level.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

Tried at 10, 15, 20, night mode, day mode, and I don't see it. Although it could be my aged eyes that fail to see it, but I don't think so.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Not everyone has those bugs. My auto brightness works perfectly. I have no camera issues.

You speak in absolutes, but don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

It has nothing to do with auto brightness. I've seen 5 G2's do it, there's a YouTube video now, and multiple folks in multiple forums are discussing it. The likeliehood of it being on ALL 5 and not yours is...unlikely. But whatever, glad you don't notice it.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do with auto brightness. I've seen 5 G2's do it, there's a YouTube video now, and multiple folks in multiple forums are discussing it. The likeliehood of it being on ALL 5 and not yours is...unlikely. But whatever, glad you don't notice it.

Not trying to troll, but I didn't have it either. I tried it on 0, 10, 15% while scrolling through this forum. I was using the stock browser. Also, who uses their phone on brightness that low with the battery life on the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen