HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Some of what I'm referring to. Yay mspaint!

4Od8Jdb.png

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The dark black one is def. different than the other two. The top bezel of the dark black one is way smaller and seems thinner than the other two. You also can't see the power button like you saw on both the light grey and gold versions.

BradFalkner

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope none of them are right and the black bar is gone, unless there's some use for it besides taking up unnecessary space.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
m8Wishfulthinking.jpg
I know this is wishful thinking. But since M8 has a bigger screen at 5" (compare to one's 4.7") ... could it be possible that the menu buttons are *actually* in the extra screen area?
in another words we are not really losing screen size compare to htc one?

phillyhtc

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Man I hope all the renders are wrong. I'm on my 4th HTC smartphone and want to like the next One. If the are renders true, I may check out other options. After spending time with the G2, I'm jealous of its screen to body ratio. I love the premium materials HTC uses but I've ended up putting a sleeve on all my phone's anyway so I barely touch the aluminum.

Posted via Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I like the new renders. I think it looks more refined than the One. I get people complaining about the bezel, bit I'm not worried about that.

I think they might have needed the space for the internals.it doesn't look any taller than the Z1.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

phillyhtc

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I like the new renders. I think it looks more refined than the One. I get people complaining about the bezel, bit I'm not worried about that.

I think they might have needed the space for the internals.it doesn't look any taller than the Z1.

G2 has a 5.2" screen, 3000 mAh battery and minimum bezel. I'm a HTC fan, but I have to call it fair. If they release this phone with all that bezel, they are showing that their packaging efficiency is behind that of the competition

Posted via Android Central App

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
While I agree that lg did a bang up job with packaging the g2. HTC has never been extremely good at packaging especially when you take into account battery bezel etc. I'm just hoping that they can improve on their past failings. The I butterfly 2 showed they can improve.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, and what sucks is you can see they could have fit it in the same body had they got rid of the bezel. vertically anyway, not sure how they compare width wise.

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
htconeM8NexusOne.jpg

So I photoshopped leaked M8 (scaled down to match 5" screen size of n5) and put it next to n5 & one.
It doesn't feel whole lot bigger. Actually seems quite nice. (eventho I still prefer without logo in front)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 105732

So I photoshopped leaked M8 (scaled down to match 5" screen size of n5) and put it next to n5 & one.
It doesn't feel whole lot bigger. Actually seems quite nice. (eventho I still prefer without logo in front)

Nice job.

That's really not bad at all. At least there's a reason why the phone is as tall as it is. Dual front facing speakers as opposed to.....nothing.

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Nice job.

That's really not bad at all. At least there's a reason why the phone is as tall as it is. Dual front facing speakers as opposed to.....nothing.

htconem8.gif
I added another M8 (my version of what I hoped it would be... no logo, same screen size, no on screen buttons, same size phone)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte