HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks great to me. I don't see the big deal about the bezel though.
This or the Z2 might tempt me here in the next couple months.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Looks great to me. I don't see the big deal about the bezel though.
This or the Z2 might tempt me here in the next couple months.

How can you not see the big deal about the bezel? You realize with the bezel, along with the on screen buttons, the phone will be so much taller than the already tall One just to have the same screen real estate as their older phone. Plus, the power button is to the top-right so they are basically asking you to have some elongated fingers to hit it. One handed use will be almost impossible.

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
How can you not see the big deal about the bezel? You realize with the bezel, along with the on screen buttons, the phone will be so much taller than the already tall One just to have the same screen real estate as their older phone. Plus, the power button is to the top-right so they are basically asking you to have some elongated fingers to hit it. One handed use will be almost impossible.

I do think we can really say that until after its actually been reviewed. You are literally basing the usability of the phone off of leaked product renders, something that would require actual real-life testing to get a good handle on. All I'm saying is give it a chance.

Posted via Android Central App

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I do think we can really say that until after its actually been reviewed. You are literally basing the usability of the phone off of leaked product renders, something that would require actual real-life testing to get a good handle on. All I'm saying is give it a chance.

Posted via Android Central App

Man I own the One and I think the phone is already tall enough, coupled with many reviews about the phone being too tall for the power button to be on top. If all these leaks are true, then the previous reviews of the phone speak for itself. The phone should not be getting taller just to hold a logo.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been excited about a phone like this in years. And this is coming from someone who did not like the original One.

I think HTC made the changes I wanted with the M8. I hated the flush buttons, wake button placement, home button in the lower right, and lack of SD card slot. It appears that all is changing now.

Making the phone slightly taller isn't great, I agree, but it wouldn't stop me from buying. I prefer on-screen buttons to capacitive. Unlike TouchWiz with my S4 last year I might actually be open to using Sense without a launcher. BlinkFeed really appeals to me and I use my phone speakers daily.