HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. If they had simply used the existing space for the capacitive buttons we would have a nicer and smaller phone with a bigger screen. Size is everything once you hit 5" displays.

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
htcM8Concepts.jpg
Added another 5" htc one without htc logo

This is what I hoped m8 would actually be... just simple improvements

surprisingly, the size difference is not too much between a leaked m8 and this. You do lose a bit of screen space to on screen buttons. But it doesn't seem all that much.
note: I am just eyeballing it in photoshop. so this is just approximation - Probably not very accurate.

Last edited:

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The leaks seems suspect to me especially with all of the highlighted differences in each color. In reality the M8 with a 5" screen should be marginally bigger (it at all to be honest) compared to the current One which would be perfect.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Well there's unfortunately nothing we can do about the flock of sheep that Samsung cultivates

Posted via Android Central App

You are not wrong however if HTC and LG continue to offer solid phone that are in my opinion much better than the Samsung counterparts things will slowly change. At worst it will force Samsung to finally smarten up and do something drastic. The G2 which released 6+ months ago is arguably a better phone than the S5

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
You are not wrong however if HTC and LG continue to offer solid phone that are in my opinion much better than the Samsung counterparts things will slowly change. At worst it will force Samsung to finally smarten up and do something drastic. The G2 which released 6+ months ago is arguably a better phone than the S5

Very true. Hopefully LG will clean up their UI and set a good example for Samsung

Posted via Android Central App

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
For me, M8 needs to be on par or exceed the following in order to "win" S5

Processor
dont care since original one is fast enough

Design
Nothing stand out to me about S5's design. I do like side power button tho.

Screen
dont care i am pretty happy with original one display

Battery
- 2800mAh. standby time: 390 hrs / talk time: 21 hrs.
- ultra power saver mode is pretty desirable

Camera
- "fastest auto focus" that is one feature to beat
- real time HDR is pretty neat
- 16MP is pretty desirable. Hope m8's dual cam can out shine this in actual shoot out
- Selective Focus takes a few seconds, and not flawless as it takes two photos a period apart rather than the same photo at different depths. m8 should be able to beat this
- 4k vid recording is awesome, but probably over-rated. as it takes up too much space for it to be any way practical

Connectivity
- LTE Cat4 (up to 150Mbps downloads and 50Mbps uploads, network depending),
- WiFi AC: I really would like that Wifi AC capability on m8!

software
- User interface: it already lost me in this category. it looks too much like ios
- 8GB of android + bloatware ... m8 needs to capitalize this
- What will really seal the deal for me is if htc announced stock android or a way to not lag behind with updates

Other features
- Fitness stuff would be nice to have for some, but will be bloatware for others
- fingerprint scanner / heart rate sensor: dont care
- water / dust resist: if it's not water "proof" it's just gimmicky

Last edited:

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
so I asked htc on twitter and here is the response:

Jackjack ‏@supjackjack 23h
@HTCUSA @htc Dear htc, hope m8 is not like leaked with on screen buttons taking a chunk of the screen only to fit logo infront

HTC USA
‏@HTCUSA 22h
@supjackjack @htc Wait for the official announcement. We're sure you'll be very happy.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
so I asked htc on twitter and here is the response:

Jackjack ‏@supjackjack 23h
@HTCUSA @htc Dear htc, hope m8 is not like leaked with on screen buttons taking a chunk of the screen only to fit logo infront

HTC USA
‏@HTCUSA 22h
@supjackjack @htc Wait for the official announcement. We're sure you'll be very happy.

Interesting choice of words from them.

Here's hoping the design is even better than what's been leaked.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ptwn7