Disable lock screen?

cgtyoder

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I thought I would get used to having to "Pull up to unlock" after the upgrade to 4.4.2, but I still find it annoying lo after these several weeks. Is there any way this can be disabled? Thanks much!

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
The best solution, I think, would be set to 'none' and then find a custom launcher that is easier to unlock for you. Unfortunately at the moment the lock screen appears..when the phone is locked.

cgtyoder

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I already have "Screen lock" set to None, and "Bypass lock screen on wake" checked, in the Security section of Settings. Any suggestions for custom launchers? I haven't dealt with those before.

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I already have "Screen lock" set to None, and "Bypass lock screen on wake" checked, in the Security section of Settings. Any suggestions for custom launchers? I haven't dealt with those before.

This all depends on what lock screen you'd like. For starters try Sparky Lock screen. You'll find one that suits your needs, where you can bypass the system lock screen. In the event you want to turn your phone on and no lock screen at all? This may require root..

Posted via Android Central App

cgtyoder

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the Sparky suggestion - I turned on the option to just wave my hand over the screen, which makes things a tad less painful.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just be careful, the lockscreen helps prevents the phone executing commands in case of it waking up in your pocket. Disabling it can turn out to be a costly undertaking.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

cgtyoder

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Just be careful, the lockscreen helps prevents the phone executing commands in case of it waking up in your pocket. Disabling it can turn out to be a costly undertaking.
That's how I had it before the 4.4.2 update and I didn't have any problems, so I think we're ok.

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I do not quite understand you..are you stating that the lockscreen prevents you from opening apps etc in your pocket? Sparky and custom lock screens act the same as the default lockscreen, but enable you to customize the screen.

CGT, I would say you're all set.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The app "keyguard tool" is free, simple, doesn't require root and turns off the annoying slide to unlock screen.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky