Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

mjytub

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

I am facing an issue with whatsapp on my N5 with 4.4.3. I installed it initially and was working fine. But, after few messages it stopped sending or receiving messages. It is showing message- /unble to connect to internet'. I changed from dalvik to ART but still the problem persisted. Now i am back on dalvik and still no whatsapp. I have uninstalled and installed a number of times but it was of no use. Please help me with this problem

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I am facing an issue with whatsapp on my N5 with 4.4.3. I installed it initially and was working fine. But, after few messages it stopped sending or receiving messages. It is showing message- /unble to connect to internet'. I changed from dalvik to ART but still the problem persisted. Now i am back on dalvik and still no whatsapp. I have uninstalled and installed a number of times but it was of no use. Please help me with this problem

Have you tried clearing the system cache? I'd try that first. Uninstall it, clear the system cache, reboot, then reinstall it.

mjytub

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried clearing the system cache? I'd try that first. Uninstall it, clear the system cache, reboot, then reinstall it.

Yes, i have done that also. I have received the 4.4.4 update also still it is not running. Is this issue faced by most users or others are able to run whatsapp smoothly?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Yes, i have done that also. I have received the 4.4.4 update also still it is not running. Is this issue faced by most users or others are able to run whatsapp smoothly?

I've never used it, and it seems like others don't have any issue. Have you emailed the developer?

ansure

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

can anyone suggest me the app name to install Two way call recording app in my nexus 4 (kitkat 4.4.4). Now a days im using RMC - Record My Call App but not working properly (No clear voice recording of other side.)

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So I just got my Nexus 5 fired up and I keep losing wifi connection. It shows I have full signal but I have no connection. As soon as I turn it off and turn it back on, it works. Is this something I should look for a replacement for? Or is there a fix? Thanks!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So I just got my Nexus 5 fired up and I keep losing wifi connection. It shows I have full signal but I have no connection. As soon as I turn it off and turn it back on, it works. Is this something I should look for a replacement for? Or is there a fix? Thanks!

Try Settings,WiFi, Advanced and turn off Scanning Always Available. Not sure it will help but worth a try. Good luck. It could also be an app causing interference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Try Settings,WiFi, Advanced and turn off Scanning Always Available. Not sure it will help but worth a try. Good luck. It could also be an app causing interference.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot. This has been driving me crazy. What does WiFi scanning always available do, anyway?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Well it already happened again. Data working fine, then all of a sudden, nothing! Not sure if I should talk to Google or what.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well it already happened again. Data working fine, then all of a sudden, nothing! Not sure if I should talk to Google or what.

Some people with the problem had success changing the router setting to a different band or channel. There were several members here who had WiFi issues last November. I guess there were different fixes.

ETA: My WiFi works fine ever since I got the phone, so I don't have firsthand experience with this issue. Apologies for annoying question but did you type in your password and all? If there are other people in your area using the same channel for their WiFi it can also cause some interference I think.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Some people with the problem had success changing the router setting to a different band or channel. There were several members here who had WiFi issues last November. I guess there were different fixes.
It's still been doing it this morning, so I changed my WiFi settings to 2.4 ghz only, and rebooted my router. Seems to be working now, but I'll give it a couple more days until I contact Google about it.

Thanks for your help.

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else's email app crashing? I deleted my account and then added it again. But the app stops working every now and again.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

This is a problem some have experienced with Nexus 5 since its intro. Believe there is a separate thread on here on this problem. Know under Google product forums there is truly a long thread on this along with a variety of suggested fixes. A Google representative there indicated they were aware of this Wifi issue and there were many rumors that the latest OS update would have a fix. There wasn't though. Loved Nexus 5 but sorry it has been an issue since its intro. I jumped ship because trouble-free WiFi hookups were an essential for me. My son is still hopeful it will be fixed and sticks with his. Wish you and others best because otherwise your device is a great one!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz