Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think will be in this phone?

I think it will be a 5.5" screen like the Flex 2. Probably the same battery. Other than that, I am not sure.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm stumped. I own the G3 but can't see what they could plausibly do to produce a substantially different successor, apart from processor. Perhaps it will just be a sort of G3 Mk2 rather than a device that stands head-and-shoulders above the competition as the G3 did.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The thinking might be its not an upgrade for someone who already has a G3, but for one who has a G2, or S3, etc...

From an AOSP M8

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think, for one thing, they'll work on improving battery life. That seems to be the one consistent complaint I read about with the G3.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping..err... praying for,

5.3 QHD with those great LG bezels
16-20 mp camera with OIS
Snapdragon 810
4GB Ram
3300 mAh battery
32GB storage
SD card slot
Latest Android

Now I must go to sleep and dream.. :)

Last edited:

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Longstar I really like the speakers on my wife's HTC M8...I threaten to saw them off and glue them to the bottom of my G3, just to see the expression on her lovely face, lol! I'm not an earbud kind of guy and want better sound for sure. More battery power is a given, but other than those two requests, I'm good holding on all of 2015 with my beloved G3. I'm thrilled LG has stepped up their game to compete with Samsung. The last device that shook the Android world was their S3 (which I owned) but never looked back once the G2 was in my pocket.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Longstar I really like the speakers on my wife's HTC M8...I threaten to saw them off and glue them to the bottom of my G3, just to see the expression on her lovely face, lol! I'm not an earbud kind of guy and want better sound for sure. More battery power is a given, but other than those two requests, I'm good holding on all of 2015 with my beloved G3. I'm thrilled LG has stepped up their game to compete with Samsung. The last device that shook the Android world was their S3 (which I owned) but never looked back once the G2 was in my pocket.

Love the HTC boomsound speakers too. Would be icing on the cake if LG could manage something similar and still keep the small bezels. Would have picked up the M8 but didn't really care for how tall it felt. So Still holding onto my M7(cracked screen and all :lol: ) until this years crop of flagships hit.

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I Love my g3 since launch day. The only thing I would want is a bit brighter screen, battery, and maybe front speakers although they will make the bezels bigger.
What I do wish is that they up their game with a smartwatch that would compete with Samsung. The gear s from Samsung is a beast with a beautiful screen... Other than that it's all good

Last edited:

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a GS3 that I'm struggling to hold onto until the G4 comes out. By that time the GS6 & M9 will be out and I can make a decision. If the renderings of the M9 are correct I'll be ditching that one, never liked the way the M8 felt or looked.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I Love my g3 since launch day. The only thing I would want is a bit brighter screen, battery, and maybe front speakers although they will make the bezels bigger.
What I do wish is that they up their game with a smartwatch that would compete with Samsung. The gear s from Samsung is a beast with a beautiful screen... Other than that it's all good

I've got a feeling that you may get your wish, on the screen size anyway. I've got the G2, and i'm being talked out of getting the G3, because the G4 should be coming out soon. Well, if the current trends continue, look for the G4 to be about six inches. Since i don't play in the NBA, i can't hold a large phone in one hand. I wanted the N6, but it's just too wide for me to hold. I'm ok with the G3, so that will probably be it.:p

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've got a feeling that you may get your wish, on the screen size anyway. I've got the G2, and i'm being talked out of getting the G3, because the G4 should be coming out soon. Well, if the current trends continue, look for the G4 to be about six inches. Since i don't play in the NBA, i can't hold a large phone in one hand. I wanted the N6, but it's just too wide for me to hold. I'm ok with the G3, so that will probably be it.
Look into the upcoming lg flex 2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
maybe, i just the know the g3 was pretty bad.

I've read that a lot about the G3 and it's really a shame. ...it is one of the things that kept me from getting that device. The other thing that turned me off about the G3 is the painted plastic. I saw one in Best Buy and a lot of the paint had chipped off. Yes, demo devices get handled a lot but none of the other devices on display seemed to have that issue. I was like, "WTH?!" Build quality/material issues really irk me.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've read that a lot about the G3 and it's really a shame. ...it is one of the things that kept me from getting that device. The other thing that turned me off about the G3 is the painted plastic. I saw one in Best Buy and a lot of the paint had chipped off. Yes, demo devices get handled a lot but none of the other devices on display seemed to have that issue. I was like, "WTH?!" Build quality/material issues really irk me.

Well, you could look at it the other way. The G3 was the only device that people wanted to check out.:p

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Metal dents, glass shatters, plastic scratches, there is no perfect exterior. After 2 years all of my phones have looked like they've been through a war, I'm past the looks game at this point.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

yeah i went back to the g2 and its still runs circles around it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko