AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys think will be in this phone?

I think it will be a 5.5" screen like the Flex 2. Probably the same battery. Other than that, I am not sure.

What we think will be on it is a long shot.

What should be on it IMO:
Dual front facing speakers. (although the single rear facing speaker IS loud)
16-20MP rear camera and 8MP front camera.
SuperAMOLED 5.5" screen with options to select from 720p to 4k.
Don't allow carrier to remove built in specs.
Keep making them with removable batteries.
Sd card access on the outside not under the back plate. up to 2T like the G3
6gb RAM and 64 internal memory.
Debloatable from stock with little to no carrier addons.
The best processor available.
NO OVERHEATING!!!
Fingerprint scanner just for kicks.

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The G2 is a magnificent piece of hardware.

Agreed, best handheld mobile device I've ever owned. Just works flawlessly and does what I need it to well. Qi charging and cool stuff like the screen staying on when it senses I'm looking at it are invaluable.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
G2 is still a great phone and G3 was kind of downgrade from it. I think QHD was not ready for its prime time with G3 and ruined it. I hope LG gets things done right for G4 to the level of G2 at least.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Why does everyone crave a front facing speaker? Are you guys using it to play music? A louder speakerphone?
When watching YouTube videos or playing games the best situation is to have the sound aimed right at you. Downside is that the sound is aimed at your leg when it's in your pocket and you need to hear the ringer.

Rear mount speakers fix that... And everyone else in the room will greatly enjoy the sound from your videos. They'll hear it better than you.

Top/bottom mount speakers might be a nice compromise but I don't think anyone actually does that on a phone. Though Samsung does that on the Tab S 8.4, works pretty well.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
When watching YouTube videos or playing games the best situation is to have the sound aimed right at you. Downside is that the sound is aimed at your leg when it's in your pocket and you need to hear the ringer.

Rear mount speakers fix that... And everyone else in the room will greatly enjoy the sound from your videos. They'll hear it better than you.

Top/bottom mount speakers might be a nice compromise but I don't think anyone actually does that on a phone. Though Samsung does that on the Tab S 8.4, works pretty well.

I still feel that the best audio experience from a mobile device will be had with aftermarket headphones. Thus, speaker placement has never really made much difference to me but if you don't care for aftermarket headphones....

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I still feel that the best audio experience from a mobile device will be had with aftermarket headphones. Thus, speaker placement has never really made much difference to me but if you don't care for aftermarket headphones....

Most people don't bother putting on headphones for a 5 minute YouTube video or a short gaming session.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Most people don't bother putting on headphones for a 5 minute YouTube video or a short gaming session.

That, sir, seems true but I guess I don't consider great audio quality for such things important. As long as I can hear them at all, that is good enough.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
That, sir, seems true but I guess I don't consider great audio quality for such things important. As long as I can hear them at all, that is good enough.

That's the trick. It's particularly bad with a rear speaker and anyone else in the room, you have to turn it up so loud to hear that anyone else in the room will find it a severe annoyance. Front speakers, as I said, solve the problem. They don't even really need to be high quality, it's not a quality thing. They just need to point at the user.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That's the trick. It's particularly bad with a rear speaker and anyone else in the room, you have to turn it up so loud to hear that anyone else in the room will find it a severe annoyance. Front speakers, as I said, solve the problem. They don't even really need to be high quality, it's not a quality thing. They just need to point at the user.

I've only had the good fortune of having fromt-facing speakers once, that I recall. On a Nexus 6 that auditioned for a slot in my arsenal. While it didn't make the team it did sound good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harper99