Get your toothbrushes ready, the sugary sweet lollipop update for the LG G2 was released today

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I really wish they would list all the stuff that is removed with these "upgrades" instead of just touting what was added. 😢

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Guys remember we are the last to get Lollipop! That means that all of these questions have solutions and work-arounds that have been discussed in the last 6 months since Lollipop came out....

There are plenty of tutorials, Q&A's, FAQ's, etc out there on all of these Lollipop questions.

For example, if you want your phone on complete silence just put it in "Do Not Disturb" mode in the Sound Profile (also called "None" in the shortcut menu).

If you really want more options and don't like some of the changes you can always get a different launcher such as Apex to customize it how you want.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Guys remember we are the last to get Lollipop! That means that all of these questions have solutions and work-arounds that have been discussed in the last 6 months since Lollipop came out....

There are plenty of tutorials, Q&A's, FAQ's, etc out there on all of these Lollipop questions.

For example, if you want your phone on complete silence just put it in "Do Not Disturb" mode in the Sound Profile (also called "None" in the shortcut menu).

If you really want more options and don't like some of the changes you can always get a different launcher such as Apex to customize it how you want.
So what's the fix for wireless storage?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

What you're missing is that a lot of these have nothing to do with lollipop itself. They are features that the G2 had and now are no longer there.

gerryf19

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
What you're missing is that a lot of these have nothing to do with lollipop itself. They are features that the G2 had and now are no longer there.

Well, in fairness to Technosticrati, they may be very much related. Could be that things like Wireless Storage may not work with Lollipop due to changes in the code

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, in fairness to Technosticrati, they may be very much related. Could be that things like Wireless Storage may not work with Lollipop due to changes in the code

Could very well be right, but I will again say LG should inform us as to what they removed as well as saying this is an update to lollipop.

DimStyle

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I received the update on day 1 so I have had it a few weeks now. I really haven't had any issues. I did have to uninstall Play services and then re-install and the first few days I rebooted my phone often. Since then, no issues.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask you guys a question, my wife has a sprint lg G2 and hasn't gotten this update. I told her to expect it weeks ago when it was announced but she checked for updates as recently as last night and had nothing. Any ideas? (I have a OnePlus One so I'm already enjoying the sweetness of lollipop)

Posted via...The One

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask you guys a question, my wife has a sprint lg G2 and hasn't gotten this update. I told her to expect it weeks ago when it was announced but she checked for updates as recently as last night and had nothing. Any ideas? (I have a OnePlus One so I'm already enjoying the sweetness of lollipop)

Posted via...The One

Roll out will be at 100% saturation as of Monday May 18. Think it's at 80% right now so she's in the last 20%. Get everything ready so you can do a complete factory reset and have a clean phone after she installs lollipop 🍭.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Roll out will be at 100% saturation as of Monday May 18. Think it's at 80% right now so she's in the last 20%. Get everything ready so you can do a complete factory reset and have a clean phone after she installs lollipop 🍭.

Thank you. That's the info I needed. I'll let her know about the factory reset

Posted via...The One

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Any one else getting no response when plugging into audio jack? Before you plugged in and screen would wake up and give you option to choose a media source (very hand in car) but now nothing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just updated this morning. Anyone else having issues with Bluetooth? My car, a 2015 Nissan Ultima, used to connect to call and media audio - now it's just connecting to call audio.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just updated this morning. Anyone else having issues with Bluetooth? My car, a 2015 Nissan Ultima, used to connect to call and media audio - now it's just connecting to call audio.

OK seems to be working now after a couple reboots.

One more thing that has changed, swipe up from bottom used to give you the option of camera (I think), Google Now, and Quick Memo. Now it's just gives Google Now.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
OK seems to be working now after a couple reboots.

One more thing that has changed, swipe up from bottom used to give you the option of camera (I think), Google Now, and Quick Memo. Now it's just gives Google Now.

Yup :( I think some LG features just got completely removed with update. That being one of them.

Also I think the lock screen notifications conflicts with the quickwindow case feature. Had to disable the option to show notification on luck screen cause it was making it hard to unlock my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
The missing features have nothing to do with lollipop code. The Ls980 is missing many things like wireless storage and lg home theme settings that other G2's retained with the update. Ls980 owners got the update last and they got the most incomplete build for G2 phones on lollipop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

gerryf19

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone other than me still waiting for the update? The rest of my family has received it, but I have not.

I am also still waiting....not a hint of lollipop and we're supposed to be at 100 percent saturation by May 18. At this point I think LG or Sprint and everyone else in this thread is part of some vast conspiracy to trick me into believing there is an update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness