About this D buckle band

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Good question, because supposedly the stock charger is slightly different in size as compared to the one that came with the GW4.

I never used that one, since it laid perfectly on the previous duo charging pad that Samsung gave away with purchase. I need to find it to compare.

If it saves you any trouble, I've checked and I'd say the new one is 2 maybe 3mm smaller in diameter and maybe 1mm shorter.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
If it saves you any trouble, I've checked and I'd say the new one is 2 maybe 3mm smaller in diameter and maybe 1mm shorter.

Thanks! Interesting, on Spigen's website, it states the S352 cradle charger isn't compatible with the GW5 series. There's a S353 that still says "coming soon" and under compatibility it states GW5 series, *not compatible with GE 1-4 series.

Maybe it's just a recommended thing and excuse to sell more product 😄

Attachments

• 3578.jpg
    3578.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 79

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a question my watch 4 chargers both have a plug for the wall and the USB goes into it. Does the new watch charger have the brick that goes into the wall or do I need to use the ones from my 4 or do I need a certain one to get the fast charging. Just trying to figure out if I sell my old chargers do I need to keep the walll plug in piece or not?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I have a question my watch 4 chargers both have a plug for the wall and the USB goes into it. Does the new watch charger have the brick that goes into the wall or do I need to use the ones from my 4 or do I need a certain one to get the fast charging. Just trying to figure out if I sell my old chargers do I need to keep the walll plug in piece or not?

If you received the fast charging pad, it comes with the adapter, which takes USB-C. The stock charger doesn't come with the adapter.

Also, they've updated the cable on the stock charger to USB-C, so you'll need an adapter that receives USB-C if you want to use it.

Edit: for clarity, when I say "adapter," I'm referring to the part that plugs into the wall. I think some may call them a brick.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Are you sure they came with the watches? My watch 3, 4 and 5 did not come with wall plugs, just the magnetic charge cable.

I am in the UK, but it seems odd that one would be included anywhere.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
If you received the fast charging pad, it comes with the adapter, which takes USB-C. The stock charger doesn't come with the adapter.

Also, they've updated the cable on the stock charger to USB-C, so you'll need an adapter that receives USB-C if you want to use it.

Edit: for clarity, when I say "adapter," I'm referring to the part that plugs into the wall. I think some may call them a brick.

Yes I call it a brick too so I can use my 25 watt brick that I used to use with my S21 Ultra. Cause now we use 45 watt ones with our S22 Ultra and I have a few 25 watt ones laying around. Thanks! So now I know to sell the brick with my chargers cause they're not USB C.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Interesting, on Spigen's website, it states the S352 cradle charger isn't compatible with the GW5 series. There's a S353 that still says "coming soon" and under compatibility it states GW5 series, *not compatible with GE 1-4 series.

Hmm... They probably djust say that because it doesn't fit properly even though it apparently works fine.

If they've got a new one on the way though, I think I'll wait.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure they came with the watches? My watch 3, 4 and 5 did not come with wall plugs, just the magnetic charge cable.

I am in the UK, but it seems odd that one would be included anywhere.

Maybe not maybe we just had them laying around from older phones, You could be right! But the charger I have now isn't USB-C it's the bigger plug in. So I will sell the charger with the plug. I have 2 one from my Active 2 and the one from my watch 4 their the same but I thought one of them came with the plug I don't remember now.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Yea, the charging puck that comes with the GW5 Pro is smaller than the one from last years watch. The puck will be all loose in this stand.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Here is the charging stand that I've been using with my watch 4 classic with the Spigen Rugged Armor band on and it works perfect.

I'm worried that it will not work with the new puck as it's small than the watch 4 classic puck. I'll know for sure tomorrow when my watch shows up.

I'll try to find the link for this stand and post it here when I find it.

View attachment 347993

Happy to report that this stand came with 2 different size heads so I should be good to go. I opened the original box this morning and was surprised that there was a smaller head in there. Now, just waiting for FedEx to deliver my watch.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I've used this one for quite a while now, and it's great.

While I don't use the D-Buckle, (I simply don't like it), I would think it would work just fine with this charging stand.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU7095102
Yeah I just ordered one similar, I posted it above. Seems just like an overall better solution regardless of what band you're using. I never really bothered to get something like this since I always got a free one from Samsung.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I've used this one for quite a while now, and it's great.

While I don't use the D-Buckle, (I simply don't like it), I would think it would work just fine with this charging stand.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU7095114

That's a nice option, although I still wonder if the watch would lay flat using the D buckle band. It sounds crazy, but the way they designed this thing, you get almost no give as soon as you get beyond the case of the watch.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I took the band off of my Gear 4 Classic & put it on the 5 Pro, it lays flat now. Called Samsung & had them put it in writing that I'm sending the trade-in without the band without any penalties or deductions.

Seriously, did they *not* test the watch band before offering a charger that is incompatible?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I took the band off of my Gear 4 Classic & put it on the 5 Pro, it lays flat now. Called Samsung & had them put it in writing that I'm sending the trade-in without the band without any penalties or deductions.

Seriously, did they *not* test the watch band before offering a charger that is incompatible?

No kidding, now I have 2 charging pads and neither one will work, if I opt to use the band they've advertised with this watch the whole time.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Giving a free dual charging pad with the d buckle is a stupid move by Samsung. But putting a d buckle on the watch when you give a charging puck standard with the watch is stupid beyond belief!

I pulled the band off my watch 4 classic and put it on the 5 pro. So now I have this pointless d buckle sitting around.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
It didn't occur to me until today that the GW5 Pro with the D buckle band is just like the Gear S2. Great watch, but the band was proprietary and had a tremendous curve to it that you would never have been able to use a charging pad. It came with a nice magnetic wireless charging cradle, which worked perfectly. My Galaxy Watch did as well.

I would think they could save money giving away the charging pads and just go back to the charging cradles. Now I have to spend even more money to buy an empty cradle that holds the stock charging puck.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
So it is possible to charge with the D buckle and flat wireless chargers. Saw this on a YouTube video. You just flip it inside out.
1c16f4e2e0a5ba811e9900b575b3c66d.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senkajo