About this D buckle band

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
So it is possible to charge with the D buckle and flat wireless chargers. Saw this on a YouTube video. You just flip it inside out.
1c16f4e2e0a5ba811e9900b575b3c66d.jpg

That looks like there's a small wireless charging pad underneath rather than laying on the one they gave away with the pre order?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone thought about how you'll have to unbuckle the other side every time you go to charge the watch, if you want to use the fancy new 15W charging pad they included?

I guess I'll get used to it, but it took quite a bit of fidgeting with today to get the band adjusted to the right size. At first I thought I'd put something under the charging pad, just under half of it and slide the watch band around to get it to lay flat on the charger, but that's definitely not going to work.

I actually love the comfort level of this band and I have a floating watch stand that I use for the watch charger. (from Amazon)

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I was watching a video I saw about the S23 Ultra and the guy mentioned this D Buckle band and said FAIL and how Samsung made a mistake with this band and then he said something about turning it inside out and getting it to work I don't know. But I just heard him talking about it and remembered it being talked about on here.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Why don't people just do it this way. Lay watch on side and stick the charger on back of the watch?
81d060b5bfcbc2e76834a42f30bc31b9.jpg

That's what I've done, but this defeats the purpose of the charging pad they included. That was perhaps one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen by Samsung. In my opinion, it's from their marketing dept not checking with someone to even make sure the device would work with the GW5 Pro.

If I want to use that charging pad, I have no choice but to install a different band. I happen to really like this D Buckle band and it was one of the selling points for me getting this watch.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's what I've done, but this defeats the purpose of the charging pad they included. That was perhaps one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen by Samsung. In my opinion, it's from their marketing dept not checking with someone to even make sure the device would work with the GW5 Pro.

If I want to use that charging pad, I have no choice but to install a different band. I happen to really like this D Buckle band and it was one of the selling points for me getting this watch.
I like the band better then I thought I would, I almost ordered the hybrid leather band.

Samsung definitely did not plan this right. I've seen that Samsung is making their own charging stand for this. I feel Samsung is getting more and more like apple every day. Make a calculated bad design like this then capitalize on selling an accessory to make their bad design work.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I like the band better then I thought I would, I almost ordered the hybrid leather band.

Samsung definitely did not plan this right. I've seen that Samsung is making their own charging stand for this. I feel Samsung is getting more and more like apple every day. Make a calculated bad design like this then capitalize on selling an accessory to make their bad design work.

For now, since bands are so low in stock, I am hoping to use that $50 credit towards the charging stand. Even though it looks like it will just be a placeholder for the charging puck, I can see Samsung charging something ridiculous for it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try this. See how it goes. Most review it good. Looks like you use the charger puck that comes with the watch.

elago GWT2 Stand Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Charger Stand (40, 44mm) / Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Charger Stand (45mm) 2022 - [Black] [Charging Cable Not Included] https://a.co/d/4OwKAbp
daa96b2fc9dd1be9fc877ed11871550c.jpg

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I just use a different Watch band with my GW5 Pro. But for those who are fans of the D Buckle...can't you just remove the strap when you lay it on the charging pad? The quick release makes it pretty easy, after all.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just use a different Watch band with my GW5 Pro. But for those who are fans of the D Buckle...can't you just remove the strap when you lay it on the charging pad? The quick release makes it pretty easy, after all.
Well that's the last thing I want to do everytime I get up in the morning, put the watch band back on. The quick release does what the name is, it releases quick, putting it back on not so quick for my big clumsy hands. I can see it now, over sleep and now I have to spend time trying to put the band back on. Plus I will always question... Did I get those tiny pins all the way in the holes or is the band going to come apart and let my expensive watch fall on the concrete floor.

When I read your post I decided to try taking the band off and put back on. I'm still tugging on the band to make sure the pins are in, . For the reasons I listed, this idea isn't for me, maybe others will be ok doing this and that's great, all ideas are good, specially since Samsung didn't have a clue to what they were doing when they designed the band and charger.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I refuse to have to remove the band for something as simple as charging the watch.

It's possible, but for me it's also a matter of principle I guess. I shouldn't have to do something so awkward for a $450 watch.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I refuse to have to remove the band for something as simple as charging the watch.

It's possible, but for me it's also a matter of principle I guess. I shouldn't have to do something so awkward for a $450 watch.
Yeah Samsung should have used a charger stand like they used for previous watches. I have one but it errors out in 2 seconds after placing watch on it.