About this D buckle band

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Did y’all try just turning the watch inside out with the D buckle band like I showed in my previous comment. That’s been working fine for me on my charging pads.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Did y’all try just turning the watch inside out with the D buckle band like I showed in my previous comment. That’s been working fine for me on my charging pads.
No I'm not doing that either. The charger stand I ordered will be here Friday so I'll report on that this weekend hopefully.

I turned it inside out, I think that will wear the band off faster.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, didn't like the idea when I first read that but it does work, is easy to do and while I worried about it wearing out the band from the twisting it doesn't seem to have much affect on it.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Haha fair points @trucksmoveamerica#AC ND @mlblack16. I confess that this D buckle band sucks. It could have been designed to allow the watch to lay flat, and Samsung chose not to. FWIW I tried to order a normal band with my new watch and everything but the D buckle was out of stock.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Haha fair points @trucksmoveamerica#AC ND @mlblack16. I confess that this D buckle band sucks. It could have been designed to allow the watch to lay flat, and Samsung chose not to. FWIW I tried to order a normal band with my new watch and everything but the D buckle was out of stock.
I didn't think I would like the D buckle band when I was ordering, in fact I was debating about ordering the leather hybrid band. I have the leather hybrid on my watch 4 so I ultimately decided to get the D buckle I can trade them out if need be. I love the D buckle band now.

Samsung either didn't think this one out very well, or they are doing another apple move to sell accessories from a bad design of theirs. I seen a post that Samsung is coming out with a charging stand, and I'm sure with a hefty price tag.
878970e3250ee99f364f8612f709f059.jpg

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Love the Dbuckle comfort level and ease of use. I already had a floating dock so was set on that end.

This one from Amazon.

dock.jpg

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one whose wrist changes sizes, (albeit minutely), throughout the day, necessitating occasional adjustments to the band?

It's my understanding that this wouldn't be convenient using the D-Buckle since you have to take it off to adjust it?

I use these two for easy, on the spot, size adjustments.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU7100895

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU7100895
Wrists are probably like ankles, they can change size from salt intake, water intake and such.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Wrists are probably like ankles, they can change size from salt intake, water intake and such.

Exactly!!

Personally I detest when my watch slides up and down my wrist, jiggles, etc because my wrist is a bit smaller at a particular time.

This is why I haven't even tried the D-Buckle, because I think I'm right in guessing that there's no way to easily and quickly adjust the size? Or am I missing something?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Exactly!!

Personally I detest when my watch slides up and down my wrist, jiggles, etc because my wrist is a bit smaller at a particular time.

This is why I haven't even tried the D-Buckle, because I think I'm right in guessing that there's no way to easily and quickly adjust the size? Or am I missing something?
No you're not missing anything, if you're one that needs to change size of band frequently the D buckle bamd probably isn't for you, it would be easier to do it with the regular bands IMO.

You don't want the watch to be real lose on your wrists either as the sensors won't be accurate.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
How well does this magnetic band stay in place? I wanted to order one but worry the band will become undone too easily if it gets caught on something. Yet it is perfect solution to making a quick adjustment to fit your wrist. My wrist changes with the temperature; if it's hot I need bigger, cold smaller.

The first linked one is much better about about staying in place, the 2nd one, to be honest, it's been getting weaker over time, which prompted the purchase of the 1st linked band, so it might be an age thing.

Both take only a split second to adjust, I love the magnetic bands.

Heck, it's Amazon... you have 30 days to return it, so give it a try.

I've returned probably a dozen bands since my original (and first), Watch 4 classic purchase until I found a few that I liked.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How well does this magnetic band stay in place? I wanted to order one but worry the band will become undone too easily if it gets caught on something. Yet it is perfect solution to making a quick adjustment to fit your wrist. My wrist changes with the temperature; if it's hot I need bigger, cold smaller.
I can say mine stays in place extremely well, especially if you remove the plastic coverings that comes on it when you get it.

As for wrists changing sizes, I must be the rare one as I never have had to adjust mine yet.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

If you're wearing it for business or casual use, you shouldn't have any issues. Once I hit the sweet spot on mine, I left it alone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you're wearing it for business or casual use, you shouldn't have any issues. Once I hit the sweet spot on mine, I left it alone.
I surprisingly hit the sweet spot first time. I'm still loving the D buckle. I should be getting the stand I ordered on Friday. If that don't work I'll return it and buy the Samsung version when available.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Exactly!!

Yeah, same feelings here. I also don't like it to be too tight. I adjust at least twice a day, so D-buckle won't work for me.

I have to add that the GW5 sits more stable on the wrist than any prior galaxy watch I've had (GW3 and galaxy sport). Really like that.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I surprisingly hit the sweet spot first time. I'm still loving the D buckle. I should be getting the stand I ordered on Friday. If that don't work I'll return it and buy the Samsung version when available.
It was you who posted the Elago stand right? I got mine yesterday and it charges the watch well. Thank you for posting it by the way.