About this D buckle band

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Anyone thought about how you'll have to unbuckle the other side every time you go to charge the watch, if you want to use the fancy new 15W charging pad they included?

I guess I'll get used to it, but it took quite a bit of fidgeting with today to get the band adjusted to the right size. At first I thought I'd put something under the charging pad, just under half of it and slide the watch band around to get it to lay flat on the charger, but that's definitely not going to work.

bettyn10

Aug 22, 2022
Visit site
Anyone thought about how you'll have to unbuckle the other side every time you go to charge the watch, if you want to use the fancy new 15W charging pad they included?

I guess I'll get used to it, but it took quite a bit of fidgeting with today to get the band adjusted to the right size. At first I thought I'd put something under the charging pad, just under half of it and slide the watch band around to get it to lay flat on the charger, but that's definitely not going to work.
Look on amazon. There are stands the charger fit in

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, thought the same thing. Put on the other band that I ordered with the credit and like it better anyway and will get additional traditional buckle bands for the future. To me the D band adds unneeded weight to a device that I'm supposed to use in an active environment anyway. No knock on the D band for those that prefer it and I love how easy it is to switch bands coming from older Galaxy watches. No tool and magnifying glass needed!!:D

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, thought the same thing. Put on the other band that I ordered with the credit and like it better anyway and will get additional traditional buckle bands for the future. To me the D band adds unneeded weight to a device that I'm supposed to use in an active environment anyway. No knock on the D band for those that prefer it and I love how easy it is to switch bands coming from older Galaxy watches. No tool and magnifying glass needed!!:D

I really liked the d-buckle band, but then realized that it wouldn't work on the wireless charging pad I got for free, just like you. Then I realized that even putting it on the standard wireless charger would make it sit sideways. In addition, while I don't know that I would need it with the huge battery now, but with the d-buckle you CANNOT do reverse charging from your phone unless you take the straps completely up. It will not sit against phone to make a connection to charge.

I used the bands I was using on my Watch 4 and now I can do all the above with it.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I got a standard strap with a tine and holes with the watch. Didn't see how the D buckle strap was worth the extra money.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I really like the D buckle straps but yeah sucks for wireless charging pads or reverse charging. First time on any Galaxy Watch that I'll be using the included charger regularly now. Bummer.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
The D buckle doesn't add as much bulk or weight as you'd think from the pictures. But it's hard to get past the problems it adds to wireless charging. Also, if you need to adjust your wrist size often, the D buckle is not convenient. It's a good concept, but not practical for me.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Got the 5 pro late yesterday afternoon, ripped that stupid d buckle off this morning and put on the band from my 4 classic. I like the idea of the d buckle but it makes NO sense with the charger that comes with, and even less sense with the freebee dual wireless charger.

Gotta say that this watch is stupid large. I have to admit when I first saw it I thought about sending it back but I like the watch itself.

Next year Samsung is going to be selling watches the size of soup cans at this rate.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah...not really a fan of the D buckle band. I've been using the hybrid leather band I got with my Watch4. I gave the D buckle a fair shot by going jogging with it this morning. It's not that great IMO.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't like their sport bands where the extra get tucked under the other band. I got my favorite Velcro band from amazon works great doesn't make me sweat.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
For me with small wrists, I rather like the D buckle. Can use it out of the box as opposed to other non-small Samsung bands. Just my opinion.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I really like the d band personally. I have a stand charger from spigen and so I don't have the charging issue that some people are having. Also was super easy to size to fit for me. Zero issues here.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I really like the d band personally. I have a stand charger from spigen and so I don't have the charging issue that some people are having. Also was super easy to size to fit for me. Zero issues here.

Could you please share a link for the one you bought? I looked on their website and several cradle chargers look the same. I will look on Amazon to purchase since they sell their own products often at a much cheaper price on Amazon.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Could you please share a link for the one you bought? I looked on their website and several cradle chargers look the same. I will look on Amazon to purchase since they sell their own products often at a much cheaper price on Amazon.

Here is the charging stand that I've been using with my watch 4 classic with the Spigen Rugged Armor band on and it works perfect.

I'm worried that it will not work with the new puck as it's small than the watch 4 classic puck. I'll know for sure tomorrow when my watch shows up.

I'll try to find the link for this stand and post it here when I find it.

51pxeqtnYvL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This is the one I have and works perfect with 5 pro and d-buckle band

Spigen S352 Designed for Galaxy Watch 4 Stand/Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Stand/Galaxy Watch 3 Stand/Galaxy Watch Active Stand - Black https://a.co/d/ip9ia8X

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
This is the one I have and works perfect with 5 pro and d-buckle band

Spigen S352 Designed for Galaxy Watch 4 Stand/Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Stand/Galaxy Watch 3 Stand/Galaxy Watch Active Stand - Black https://a.co/d/ip9ia8X

Great, thanks for clarifying that it works with the GW5-P. I was afraid it wouldn't fit due to being thicker than the GW4.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of giving this 3 in 1 a try. It will actually help consolidate space on my night stand instead of a wide dual charger.

Upgraded Wireless Charging Station for Samsung Wireless Charger Stand Magnet Galaxy Watch 4/3 Active 2/1 Galaxy S22/+/S21/S20/S10/e/Note 20/10/9/8/Z Flip/3 Fold 3 Galaxy Buds2/Pro/Live Multiple Device https://a.co/d/4KuqIgd

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Great, thanks for clarifying that it works with the GW5-P. I was afraid it wouldn't fit due to being thicker than the GW4.
It was made to fit the gw4 with their rugged case so it supports thicker because of that. The gw5p isn't any thicker than the gw4 classic with the rugged case on it, so yeah it fits it.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It was made to fit the gw4 with their rugged case so it supports thicker because of that. The gw5p isn't any thicker than the gw4 classic with the rugged case on it, so yeah it fits it.

And it fits the 5 pro charger? Does it hold it in place magnetically?

Sorry to bombard you with questions.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
And it fits the 5 pro charger? Does it hold it in place magnetically?

Sorry to bombard you with questions.

Good question, because supposedly the stock charger is slightly different in size as compared to the one that came with the GW4.

I never used that one, since it laid perfectly on the previous duo charging pad that Samsung gave away with purchase. I need to find it to compare.