Trade In Thread

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Trade in nightmare..sad news

When I got the S23 Ultra. I traded in a PERFECT S22 Ultra. Wrapped in bubble wrap with pictures of it and all that to prove it was in perfect share. I sent the trade in back in the box the S23U came in with all the packing materials as well.

I received an email today my trade in has a cracked display and they will charge me $155! WTF! I emailed them and they confirmed it had a crack. They said it was out of their hands as this was a QC issue.
I told them I have pictures of the trade in device with no cracks being packaged and bubble wrapped.
Didn't matter to them. So I asked them to send ithe trade in back to me. they are doing that.

I canceled my S23 Ultra order and I am returning it. I have seen too many bogus return issues posted here matching my exact description.

I love love the S23 Ultra as all of can tell from my posts here in this thread. But as a matter of principle...I cannot take a bogus claim my trade in had a cracked display when I know it did not when I sent it in to Samsung!

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

When I got the S23 Ultra. I traded in a PERFECT S22 Ultra. Wrapped in bubble wrap with pictures of it and all that to prove it was in perfect share. I sent the trade in back in the box the S23U came in with all the packing materials as well.

I received an email today my trade in has a cracked display and they will charge me $155! WTF! I emailed them and they confirmed it had a crack. They said it was out of their hands as this was a QC issue.
I told them I have pictures of the trade in device with no cracks being packaged and bubble wrapped.
Didn't matter to them. So I asked them to send ithe trade in back to me. they are doing that.

I canceled my S23 Ultra order and I am returning it. I have seen too many bogus return issues posted here matching my exact description.

I love love the S23 Ultra as all of can tell from my posts here in this thread. But as a matter of principle...I cannot take a bogus claim my trade in had a cracked display when I know it did not when I sent it in to Samsung!
Its unbelievable
Im always nervous trading my devices back in to Samsung, It's Nerve racking !

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've decided to keep my S22 Ultra and just give it to my husband, he needs a new phone anyway. This year's trade in seems to be a nightmare so I'd rather just not deal with it.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Did you ask them to review their video of the unboxing and inspection of your trade in?

I was given the same emai just a few hours after the email came saying they got my trade in and it would be 3 to 7 days before they get to it . only took 3 hours. I contacted them told them my phone was perfect and could they please read the notes on where the crack was
they said they would look at the video of the inspection and low and behold I was told there was NOT any cracks or marks ect.
They reversed the charge back etc.

BTW pictures of your phone are worthless

You need a complete video with out any pauses in it and keep it rolling as you drop it off with Fex Ex.

With all this madness going on with these returns , I think Samsung should do some kind of "Act of good faith" and compensate the MANY that has gone through the stress of their mistake

But the that is just my thought.

MarathonMan

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Cracked screen, no way S22U trade in was pristine.
Like so many others, called customer service and 20 minutes later I got the full trade in value.
What a Pain, no problem last 3 phone trade ins, but always a problem with Watch trade ins.
Have to rethink whether or not to do trade ins going forward. Not worth the hassle.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Flawless trade-in experience. They received it yesterday in TN, and I received the email last night saying all is good.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Feel terrible for all of the others that have gone through the same thing I went through on Monday morning.

Seems like most all of the issues are at the Coppell, TX location?

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I am so sorry this has happened to you. This trade-in situation has gotten out of control.
:(

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I received an email today my trade in has a cracked display and they will charge me $155! BS! I called them and they confirmed it had a crack. They said it was out of their hands as this was a QC issue.
I told them I have pictures of the trade in device with no cracks. Had to push the issue say i would return new phone and get old one back they fixed it then said i would a one time credit bs. Samsung should be ashmed of them self for scamming trade in like this as scam.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Everyone whose trade-in is falsely said to be cracked or missing should report the incident to the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection, even if Samsung relents after you insist they're wrong. Otherwise, Samsung (or their trade-in contractor) has every incentive to illegitimately reject trade-ins and profit from whatever percent of customers don't pursue the matter tenaciously.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Are all the false cracked screen are from Texas trade in center only? Or even Tennessee as well?

Looks like some bad actor in Texas trade in center trying to scam people

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Scamsung strikes again. Mint condition, not a single scratch and even sent the original S22 Ultra box it came in. Ridiculous, just got the email. Texas trade in center

Chatting with them now
a5f90a2b91bd980e84b0f206780dd0d0.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Scamsung strikes again. Mint condition, not a single scratch and even sent the original S22 Ultra box it came in. Ridiculous, just got the email. Texas trade in center

Chatting with them now
a5f90a2b91bd980e84b0f206780dd0d0.jpg

Samsung has some issues trying rip people off:(

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo