Trade In Thread

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If Samsung tries charging your cards and you have evidence videos to prove otherwise start a fraud claim with your cards if cant get them to correct the issue.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope someone with a good legal connection can start a class action lawsuit for this "fraud" attempt. This will bring their attention.

This is most likely a Samsung "partner" facility, a separate business. But Samsung should have some control over it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Samsung support said they disputed the trade in charge and I'll hear within 24-48 hours. Till then no peace of mind. Oh well it's wait and watch for now.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You know. I had issues in the past with Sammy, but they were minor in comparison to what people are stating here.

I'm glad now that I decided to take my carriers offer over what Samsung offered. This kind of trouble does not make me feel good about trading anything in with them anymore.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Good news, it was quick. Just got an email that I won't be charged. But still scummy of Samsung that I have to go thru this path. Yes it's trade in partner, but I could care less and I blame Samsung 100%. Their support should flag this trade in center when they are receiving the same complaints from many customers. Just in this forum we are seeing so many instances, and I'm sure it's going to be a huge number of customers with same issue.
7271193487d67b759a287dc0cfb899dd.jpg

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Good news, it was quick. Just got an email that I won't be charged. But still scummy of Samsung that I have to go thru this path. Yes it's trade in partner, but I could care less and I blame Samsung 100%. Their support should flag this trade in center when they are receiving the same complaints from many customers. Just in this forum we are seeing so many instances, and I'm sure it's going to be a huge number of customers with same issue.

I already spoke to the manager at Samsung E-Commerce and he created a report to investigate this situation. But who knows if it will make any difference.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

They did flag it. Now they are not giving instant answers to reversing the charge back, now they are sticking to their guns and refusing to reverse it.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They did flag it. Now they are not giving instant answers to reversing the charge back, now they are sticking to their guns and refusing to reverse it.

Didn't understand, I got my email that charge back is reversed. And that was the screenshot you replied to.

Are you saying they refusing to reverse it for some people?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Didn't understand, I got my email that charge back is reversed. And that was the screenshot you replied to.

Are you saying they refusing to reverse it for some people?

Yes. Sorry. I'm saying that Samsung did flag it, now if seems they are refusing some or making them wait till they investigate more

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having issues returning the trade in phone to any carrier?? I dropped two phones on usps the 18th and still no moving out the state of Florida on their way to TX as today the 24th.. (going to asurion for tmobile)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues returning the trade in phone to any carrier?? I dropped two phones on usps the 18th and still no moving out the state of Florida on their way to TX as today the 24th.. (going to asurion for tmobile)
I'm not sure on other carriers but with Verizon the only thing that disqualified the trade in was battery damaged like swelling. I doubt there will be many issues there. I took mine to the Verizon store and instant approved.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
USPS is horrible, I recall during the Pixel 7 pro they took close to one month to deliver my trade in phone from Seattle to Tennessee. It was horrible experience

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Last October I sent in my wife's iPhone to ATT via USPS for an $800 trade in credit. I learned later that the tracking number on the shipping label that ATT provided was "recycled" and ATT couldn't confirm they received the phone. Here we are 4 months later and I'm still battling with ATT trying to get them to finish the trade in process.

As such, I was super reluctant to sending my S21 phone into ATT again via USPS and potentially have it lost for the $1000 trade in deal. Fortunately, I was able to drop off the S21 phone at my local ATT store and get a receipt confirming its condition.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well we are headed to Fed-Ex in a bit and I know this won't matter but on the back of the label I put inside the box I wrote I have video and pics phone in mint condition with Zagg protector and always been in a case. I'm sure they either won't see it or ignore it. I can't believe how many people they are trying to scam. And I don't get it your supposed to get $500 right but their saying you will be charged $155. I will call then chat with them dispute with my credit card and complain and bad mouth them everywhere if it happens to us. It's Crazy!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well we are headed to Fed-Ex in a bit and I know this won't matter but on the back of the label I put inside the box I wrote I have video and pics phone in mint condition with Zagg protector and always been in a case. I'm sure they either won't see it or ignore it. I can't believe how many people they are trying to scam. And I don't get it your supposed to get $500 right but their saying you will be charged $155. I will call then chat with them dispute with my credit card and complain and bad mouth them everywhere if it happens to us. It's Crazy!
They will ignore it

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Haven't sent mine back yet because I just received it this week but my last 2 trades were weird. Note 20 got damaged in shipment but they took care of it without any intervention from me. My Z Fold 3 took a long time to process but I got the credit. This return label is Tennessee so maybe I'll get lucky.

jjb415

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I got an email from Samsung today stating that I had 1 day to let them know if i wanted them to return my S22U that I sent to Copple Texas, or it would be responsibly recycled due to a cracked screen.

After about a 3 minute call to Samsung Customer Service I was assured by the representative that no charge back world occur and they immediately sent an email confirming such while I was still on the line.

The rep apologized and said that it had become a very common issue with the S23 returns.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I think it's a good idea to leave them a note inside the box like you did. It is worth a try!
:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbloom