HTC 10, Google Messenger and Unread counts. having some issues.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, a while back I posted this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-10/702895-teslaunread-issues.html and didn't get much help. I've emailed the developers of Nova Launcher and they didn't have a fix. Honestly, their app works perfectly normal with all other apps, such as Gmail. So it has something to do with Google messenger not marking messages as read.

Anyways, today I find out that they have updated the app.

They seem to say that the app itself has integrated unread counts that should work on most major HTC phones (and some other launcher such as apex and Solid), but it doesn't seem to work on my HTC 10. Is is working on anyone else's? Anyone using Apex and having similar issues? I have tried Nova Launcher (still has the same issue as before), Sense Home and Google Now launcher. None of them seem to have the unread count for this app. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm getting rather annoyed at this small issue.

Edit to add: Apparently Verizon (my carrier) won't or hasn't turned on RCS to fully enjoy the updates of the app. I can't seem to catch a break with what I consider the best messaging app.

Last edited:

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
It seems Apex works properly for these notifications. At least their paid version does. It's still not the native unread count.