How could reviewers be so wrong!

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Stop being defensive about the camera. I LOVE the phone but the camera is not just subpar, but sucks compared to iPhone and Samsung.

Personally, I couldn't wait until cell phone cams get good enough so I don't always carry a separate compact camera. But E3D's cam is unacceptable for that.

Don't say, 'Get a real cam then.' I'm a professional wedding photographer with a full fleet of DSLR and lenses. You can never have enough cameras.

Don't be a fanboy and be defensive about it, accept it that it sucks.

+1. Im not too impressed with the camera. How often have you notice anyone really using a camera nowadays. Maybe a DSLR but on average everyone uses their phone. I bought my gf a samsung dual screen and she barely uses it and always uses her blackberry. When I'm out specially at night I dont wanna have to worry about carrying another camera in my pocket when I want to capture a moment. If major phone manufacturers didn't feel the same as most do then they wouldn't put 5 or 8mp cameras with flash on their cell phones. This is gonna be the future so we all have to face it one time or another.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am very impressed with this phone. Call quality is great, no connectivity issues, like the carousel screen feature and yes, I like the 3D :p We are remodeling our spare bedroom to be my "KISS room" (the band) and have taken some awesome pictures. Also got a hilarious 3D video of my friend's 3 year old son break-dancing. May be a gimmick but I am enjoying the heck out of it!

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Just read another bad review from technoligizer. They called it an "average phone with a cheap gimmick". Really?
They described the 3D as "little more than layered cardboard cut outs".

Does anyone agree with this? I'm blown away with the level of quality in a glasses free mobile 3D experience. Was anyone expecting IMAX in their pocket?

I wasn't. I got way more than i hoped for.
People are so weird sometimes. I'll bet they gave the 3DS a great review. LOL.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just read another bad review from technoligizer. They called it an "average phone with a cheap gimmick". Really?

Does anyone agree with this? I'm blown away with the level of quality in a glasses free mobile 3D experience. Was anyone expecting IMAX in their pocket?

Imagine the drooling if this were an i-thingy...O:)

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I played around with one at Best Buy this weekend. I thought the 3D was similar to looking through the View Masters we had as kids back in the 80's. I'm not saying this is good or bad, just what I thought at the time.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I played around with one at Best Buy this weekend. I thought the 3D was similar to looking through the View Masters we had as kids back in the 80's. I'm not saying this is good or bad, just what I thought at the time.

I would agree with that for the sample pics, but after using it, with slight adjustments to the rare pic, its way better. Movies are way beyond view master level though. My opinion anyway.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If anyone has doubts about the 3d video part then wait until u see this clip I made. Uploading now, watch this and let me know what u think of the "gimmick" will put up the link as soon as its finished uploading

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Stop being defensive about the camera. I LOVE the phone but the camera is not just subpar, but sucks compared to iPhone and Samsung.

Personally, I couldn't wait until cell phone cams get good enough so I don't always carry a separate compact camera. But E3D's cam is unacceptable for that.

Don't say, 'Get a real cam then.' I'm a professional wedding photographer with a full fleet of DSLR and lenses. You can never have enough cameras.

Don't be a fanboy and be defensive about it, accept it that it sucks.
So you're saying you want your phone to be soooooo good you can totally ditch the kit?

Somehow I doubt that. So you want your snapshots to be cleaner, that's fine. But if you know enough to have a full dslr kit for weddings you should know a cameraphone has limits.

I'm a FT photographer too. I use my phone for location scouting. I'm not deluded into thinking it's anywhere near good enough for the session itself. And mine IS a Samsung. When I had a blackberry it was the same deal...scouting & snaps with the phone, real stuff with the dSLR.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
you guys forget one thing, reviews are just what they are reviews. One persons opinion does not equal your opinion. The best way to review a device is to review for yourself.

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I agree with the OP, this phone has been even better than expected for me. So far no issues, battery life is GREAT, call quality is good and this phone is fast, lag free and just frickin awesome. Loved my original EVO 4G, Really digging this phone! Sprint, HTC and the EVO line is the $hit!

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't really pay much attention to what reviewers say. For one it takes quite a bit of time to get these things set up to our liking, and to get updates and bug fixes pushed. Plus if the reviewer is primarily an iphone user.. or for android sites, a Samsung user, there is always going to be some bias when getting used to the phone.

this phone is kicking ass and taking names as far as I am concerned. And the camera is just so so. Ain't no iphone, but that isn't nothing new.. Hopefully with this new Tmobile myTouch4G Slide camera being so badass, future htc devices can get their ish together in the cam department.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So how do pictures taken with the EVO 3D camera used in 2D mode compare to pictures taken under identical conditions with the EVO 4G camera? The 4G camera isn't spectacular but I find it acceptable.

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

I just had to say you took me way back with the View Master comment . I used to love that thing. It does remind me of that.