Text Message Consoliation

blueneptune146

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and I had a Samsung Epic (not the Epic touch or anything, the original Epic with the slider keyboard) and I switched to the HTC Evo LTE that my brother gave me to use until I could upgrade to the Galaxy S4. I loved how the new phone merged and consolidated multiple messages from most people into a single large message. I'm finding this is inconsistent, though. When I message my friend Jon who is also on Sprint and still has a Samsung Epic, at least on my end, I get these wonderful consolidated messages. I asked him if he received consolidated messages on his end and he said no, they're broken up and often sent out of order. Now, take my friend Anna who is on Verizon also with an HTC I believe. Her phone is very modern (though I can't recall which phone it is, less than a year old, though) and her messages still arrive broken up (and out of order) on my end. I just don't know what wizardry is consolidating these messages and why it works for some but not for others. Is it jelly bean Android? Does Sprint somehow control this? Is it the HTC messaging program? Am I going to loose this wonderful, though inconsistent, feature when I eventually get an S4? I love Samsung phones and I can't wait to get back to them, but I'm going to be very sad if I can't have this glorious message consolidation on the S4.

BlackedOutLT1

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
It's more than likely the network causing the switch up in messages because it breaks them up to send them in 160 character increments.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress