ICS ROM from source!!

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So just posting this for those of you who have got your trigger finger for the ICS rom. Im currently running this rom & it runs absolutely great theres some things that arent working since its still in development. The link for the thread Other than that happy flashing guys!

PREVIEW - 4 DOWNLOAD LINK- http://d-h.st/1uwm0u5a05ob/Evervolv-Acies-2.0.0p4-ITL41D.zip DO NOT FLASH ANY ADDITIONAL ZIP FILES (except GApps)

PREVIEW - 3 DOWNLOAD LINK- http://d-h.st/lxro3m0p6za7/Evervolv-Acies-2.0.0p3-ITL41D.zip DO NOT FLASH ANY ADDITIONAL ZIP FILES (except GApps)

Thread is for development use, not random conversations about Ramen Noodles and about stuff that doesn't work. If you are fascinated with this kind of conversation then open a thread in General. Also, once this hits Beta, there will be a more accurate list of what is and isn't working. From there we will also start a bug tracker.

This is released for your testing pleasures as work on it continues. Enjoy the taste of Ice Cream Sandwich!

-Development is based on ICS source code branch 4.0.1_r1.
-Still a WIP, Please do not post what is not working, that stuff is obvious to us.

HUGE Thanks to PreludeDrew

WHATS WORKING:
-WiFi
-Bluetooth
-Audio
-Carrier Service
-Touchscreen
-Data Usage Stats
-GPS

THINGS IN THREAD PEOPLE HAVE POSTED THAT MAY HELP (just linking)
- unvisible tweaks
- Gapps A - [recommended]
- Gapps B(let me know which one works better)

Changelog:

Preview 3: https://freeopencam.com/ 2

Preview-1 Download Link 1 | Flash Download Link 2[new] after for faster UI and elimate keyboard lag || Alt link 1 Alt Link 2-SPEEDA5 Download Link | Alt Link -Working Data Usage Stats

a4 link - link 2

Alpha 3 - Download link

Please confirm what works
-WiFi fixed
-BlueTooth fixed
-Audio fixed
-Data fixed

Alpha-2Mobile download link - https://t.co/rCsK6KYl -new base 4.0.1_r1-full TOUCHSCREEN-Capacitive buttons-sound

A0.1.1:
-mobile service
-sms
prep for more stuff

SDK port download
So for those who might or are facing the lag problems heres some pointers that might help. I was facing the lag problems as well. This is how i got it to run for me, ive been running the rom for close to a week now that i got that lag fixed. When downloading the files heres what you will need to download:
1. Preview 4 ICS rom
2. Hardware Acceleration file
3. Uninvisible tweaks
4. Gapps (Theres 2 links for them just for those who like to test?)
Now to the flashing. When it came down to this i did a factory reset from my recovery, both cache & dalvik cache wipe, & a data wipe. After I flashed first the ROM, then hardware acceleration, uninvisible tweaks, & the gapps till last. From there i got the rom running fine. Like all ics roms it has some glitches & probs here & there but its nothing major for me. I had more glitches & unstability problems on other roms than this one. But anywho hope this helps. Peace.

Last edited:

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh u were flashing it? Well for it to work on my phone i did a full factory reset then cache & dalvik cache wipe, then for safe measure a data wipe. After i flashed in this order the preview 4 rom, hw acceleration zip file, uninvisible tweaks, & finally the gapps. Then it runs. Your bootup screen might look odd, dont worry its just a glitch, mine does the same bootup & it works just fine.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah here they are bro.
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Tried it out, but still far from a daily driver. Lots of lag, no sms, couldn't even add a Google account to sync. They've made a lot of progress, but I'm going to wait for CM9.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Its the same thing i said. Did you download the hardware acceleration, uninvisible tweaks, & gapps? Also to get it to be crisp smooth i had to do a full factory reset & a data wipe on the side to be sure. Ill clean up the post so you know which downloads to get. So i separated & organized the post a bit, all you will need to download is the Preview 4 ICS rom, hardware acceleration, uninvisible tweaks, & the gapps. Thats all you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: PookiePrancer

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Its the same thing i said. Did you download the hardware acceleration, uninvisible tweaks, & gapps? Also to get it to be crisp smooth i had to do a full factory reset & a data wipe on the side to be sure. Ill clean up the post so you know which downloads to get. So i separated & organized the post a bit, all you will need to download is the Preview 4 ICS rom, hardware acceleration, uninvisible tweaks, & the gapps. Thats all you need.

Thanks! I'll give it another shot. Yeah, the thread was very confusing because the first thing it said was not to install anything else but gapps. So that's what I did, but for some reason, when I'd go to add a sync account, all I saw was a black screen. No input fields, no keyboard...nothing. And I did a full wipe as well; three times to be sure.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good man. Trust me when i flashed it & wasnt working rite, i just gave up hope on that rom. I got the trigger finger to try again. I did just that & it works just fine. All of the threads ive seen about the ics roms mentions that a full wipe needs to be done so it functions correctly. So thus the factory reset.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
U serious? Man... Thats a bummer. My only other option would be going with decks ics build? His build is just as same as this one. Trying it now & the rom is pretty stable, im using moores gapps for this one. Seems to function better.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo