Next month's bill:

$143-What it was before upgrade
+$18 Activation
+$15 EVO Fee
+$36 Activation
+$20 Line #3
+$15 EVO Fee
Approximately $247?
The EVO fee (premium data) is $10. Also, you will probably pay sales tax. For me in CA it will be $60+ because it is based on the retail price.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why anyone would go to a Sprint store over RS or BB. You have to mess with the $100 MIR and you pay tax on that extra C-note, so you're likely to pay another $5-$10 in sales tax needlessly.

If you are buying the phone outright then RS or BB are more expensive than Sprint. So why would I want to give BB an extra $200 or so?

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so if I go through with this it should look something like this:

Upgraded line: $18 plus prorated $10 EVO fee
New Line: $36 plus prorated $10 EVO fee

Next month's bill:

$143-What it was before upgrade
+$18 Activation
+$15 EVO Fee
+$36 Activation
+$20 Line #3
+$15 EVO Fee
Approximately $247?

$143
+ $18 activation for primary line (may be waived if you request...just write sprint an email, it can't hurt)
+ $36 activation for new line (I don't remember the cost, I used the value posted in this thread...can be waived if you ask nicely.)
+ $20 for two premium data add-ons
+ $10 for prorated premium data add-ons (this assumes you are billed about mid-month...my bill comes at the beginning of the month so I may pay a days worth of charges which is less than $0.50.)
+ $20 for the 3rd line
+ $10 for the prorated charge of the 3rd line

= $257 (plus tax)

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why anyone would go to a Sprint store over RS or BB. You have to mess with the $100 MIR and you pay tax on that extra C-note, so you're likely to pay another $5-$10 in sales tax needlessly.

I read somewhere that you pay tax on the full retail price and not the discount price, so as far as taxes goes it doesn't matter if you have a MIR or not. :(

drits

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The EVO fee (premium data) is $10. Also, you will probably pay sales tax. For me in CA it will be $60+ because it is based on the retail price.
the evo fee is going to probably prorated for him the first month though cause I would imagine he is adding it mid month.. so they charge the half month of 10 dollars and then a full month out. 15 dollars is approx

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I think I'm just going to ask my wife nicely if she can wait until July 1st, when she's ready for a full upgrade, so I don't have to add a line. That will save me on multiple fronts.

Plus, she can play with mine and make sure it's something she wants. (that sounded worse/better than I intended)

heberman

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to the Sprint store because RS and BB don't sell Sprint phones in my state (Utah). However, my Sprint store gave me a $20 toward the phone plus a free charger. To me, getting a $20 credit and a free charger is worth hassling with a $100 rebate plus some extra tax.

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Speaking for myself of course, and embarrassed to admit it, but I missed the pre-order window for the first shipment of phones and didn't have the patience to wait another week for the next shipment :eek:

That being said, I'm going to show up at my local RS to see if I can nab an EVO not claimed by a pre-order, and cancel my pre-order at the Sprint store I went to :D

Well, this is a bit disappointing. I just called Sprint and was told that policy had changed, and activation fees are no longer waived for Premier customers. I had the rep double check, and he said that activation fees are no longer being waived across the board for Premier customers. I'm not sure if this is a classic example of Sprint customer service, or if this is actually the case. It would be great if another Premier customer out there would call and ask...

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, this is a bit disappointing. I just called Sprint and was told that policy had changed, and activation fees are no longer waived for Premier customers. I had the rep double check, and he said that activation fees are no longer being waived across the board for Premier customers. I'm not sure if this is a classic example of Sprint customer service, or if this is actually the case. It would be great if another Premier customer out there would call and ask...

I don't recall the old policy, but it has only been the upgrade fees that get waived for a while now.

machjuan#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The best thing to do would be to call sprint after you buy the phone and tell them that you did'nt like the fact that you were charged an activation fee seeing as how you are an existing customer and not a new one. This has worked for me every time and they waive off the fee.

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Update

OK, I called Sprint back and spoke with another rep. The second rep put me on hold and after coming back said that in fact activation fees are still waived for Premier customers, and he noted my account as such.

Could it be that the upgrade fees and activation fees are getting confused?

Oh well, the good news is that one of those fees is being waived for Premier customers!v:D

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
If your order online at sprint.com you won't see any fees other than the cost of the phone. Of course that would be $300 + tax and you would have to file for the MIR. You would need to leave that phone on your upgrade line for 2-4 months for the rebate to process.

At 3rd party resellers including BB and RS YMMV.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
If you order online, no extra fees. But through a store, you get the $18. Just call Sprint, they will credit you.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
On a little different question, my wife isn't eligible for her full upgrade until July 1st, you think they would waive those three weeks if I ask nicely and they see that I'm a 10 year customer? I know I would have to do it online, or at a Sprint store, but would I have a shot, or would I get laughed at for such a popular phone?

Fitz1015

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
On a little different question, my wife isn't eligible for her full upgrade until July 1st, you think they would waive those three weeks if I ask nicely and they see that I'm a 10 year customer? I know I would have to do it online, or at a Sprint store, but would I have a shot, or would I get laughed at for such a popular phone?

they might tell them that you what to know if they can do anything and that you would like to upgrade both line and if they say no tell them that the Iphone HD comes out in july and you might just change services all together and they will change there tone ;)

by the way thats how i got my treo 800w back in the day

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
they might tell them that you what to know if they can do anything and that you would like to upgrade both line and if they say no tell them that the Iphone HD comes out in july and you might just change services all together and they will change there tone ;)

by the way thats how i got my treo 800w back in the day

That's exactly how I dumped my Instink and got my Pre.

Bic

May 18, 2010
Visit site
According to Sprint's web page on Premier benefits:
"To thank you for choosing us, we treat you to incredible savings on primary phone upgrades every 12 months--10 months earlier than our standard offers (requires a 2-year service agreement). We also waive the upgrade fee, and, if you upgrade online, you can forget the shipping and activation fees."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer