odd EVO BEHAVIOR

ek9evo

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
ok so i just got my evo 2 days ago... i am a survivor of the 1 year moment curse(thank god the recycling gods have taken that phone) anyways i have been messing with my phone non stop these past 2 days and noticed my 3g suxxx! now ive read almost every thread here about it and just had my data reprovisioned by sprint did a factory reset and have been testing with speedtest.net for over 6 hours just to make sure im not being nurotic about this things performance. well nothings worked and i cant get over .45 mbps D.L on 3g ! .on wifi i have 2.89 consistent on d.L!! now the other thing is before and after reprovision, this thing consistently asks me to update my prl and profile over and over again idk what to do help me fellas i need a phone i can depend on after my curse of the samsung moment!!!!:-!

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
welcome to the forum...

are you saying.. when you are on wifi.. best you can get is 2.89mb download? have you tested your wifi speed on any other devices (laptop) and what is the speeds there?

if you wifi is 10gb speeds.. and your evo is only doing 2.9mb... i say you need to get that sucker replaced!

ek9evo

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
yeah and without the wifi a meesly .45 mbps i have comcast cable internet the xfinity version i just did a test on my laptop and this is what i got

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
well nothings worked and i cant get over .45 mbps D.L on 3g !

Wow then I must have some bad 3g speeds (it's actually plenty fast :) ) cuz I'm lucky if I get OVER O.5mbps but I'm glad it wasn't just Sprint's overall network being sucky, but just mine :p

Note: reason why I'm saying it's 'sucky' is because my friends lg ally on verizon gets around 0.8-1mbps

ek9evo

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow then I must have some bad 3g speeds (it's actually plenty fast :) ) cuz I'm lucky if I get OVER O.5mbps but I'm glad it wasn't just Sprint's overall network being sucky, but just mine :p

Note: reason why I'm saying it's 'sucky' is because my friends lg ally on verizon gets around 0.8-1mbps

from the hardware this phone is packing it should atleast put out 1.2 to 1.7 mbps on 3g atleast

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with these things but I just did the test and got 0.67mbps on download and 0.02 on upload is this good or bad?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo