Issues with Wireless tether for Root Users

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
When I first put wireless tether on my Sprint Hero it worked perfectly fine. All of a sudden it started giving me problems. Just 1 problem actually. Every time I connect my laptop to my phone through wireless tether it says the signal strength is excellent but when I look at the status of the connection is says "Local Only" instead of "Local and Internet".
I also downloaded and tried the new beta version from the developers website which is supposed to be compatible with the Hero on 2.1. This didn't work either.
I am currently running 2.1 lite on my Hero

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
try this:

I tried the version you posted rufflez but for some reason I'm still having the same problem. When I look at the list of wireless devices next to mine a picture of a network of 3 computers and an exclamation mark shows up. I forgot to mention that earlier. Maybe I should restore 1 of my nandroid backups, dont know what else to do...

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
try toggling airplane mode after they're connected. see what that does for you.

Hey thanks for the help. Didnt even have to use that toggling advice. I restarted my laptop & it started working. Weird. I have restarted before to no avail. Anyway no complaints...for now...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer