LED Flashing Indicator

bikerneil

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I love my new myTouch 4G, but I miss having an LED light that flashes when you have a text message. Anyone know if this is planned to be added in a future update?

thx.

andyr2007#AC

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
It does...check your settings...

from home go to menu -> settings -> display -> notification flash...

check whenever you want the LED to flash....

as simple as pie :)

bikerneil

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
still doesnt work

I have attempted to use the LED that comes with the phone and I have it set for SMS messages but my LED does not blink.

I added the app above (Missed Reminder) and the LED now blinks - but if the phone is plugged in and charging the LED will NOT blink. If the phone is charging it appears that there is no way to get the blinking LED to blink. I was hoping another color might work, or.....???? I suspect it is because of the newer operating system. Ugh.

I just want my LED to blink until I retrieve the message, even when the screen is dark. My old Blackberry did this and it was a great feature.

I had the T-Mobile G2 but returned it because I was told this would work on this phone. Dang it.

anyone have any ideas or luck with other LED app's, or is this problem slated to be fixed with update?

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have attempted to use the LED that comes with the phone and I have it set for SMS messages but my LED does not blink.

I added the app above (Missed Reminder) and the LED now blinks - but if the phone is plugged in and charging the LED will NOT blink. If the phone is charging it appears that there is no way to get the blinking LED to blink. I was hoping another color might work, or.....???? I suspect it is because of the newer operating system. Ugh.

I just want my LED to blink until I retrieve the message, even when the screen is dark. My old Blackberry did this and it was a great feature.

I had the T-Mobile G2 but returned it because I was told this would work on this phone. Dang it.

anyone have any ideas or luck with other LED app's, or is this problem slated to be fixed with update?

Your old Blackberry could ONLY do this IF you had a 3rd party app like BerryBuzz, otherwise your Blackberry would stop blinking after 20 minutes.

The only way I have not seen my myTouch 4G not notify me is if I have my device plugged in to my PC or recharging. I have not heard yet if Android 2.2 times out after a specified time yet.

andrewb#AC

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps yours does, but that doesn't mean the other device works.
At my company, we have replaced over 10 MT4Gs and some of those twice because the DEVICE had some hardware feature that didn't work.
For example, speaker didn't work, BT, WIFI, (in both of those cases the antennae could not be enabled no matter what), myriad software issues.

Take it back and make them exchange it. if people keep posting on these forums and not informing the carrier, the carrier won't complain to HTC who will never fix the problem.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
My LED blinks just fine. It won't blink or do anything (not even a different color) when it's charging. If you don't like the stock options the beauty of android is that it's customizable. Get the missed reminder app (which works really well), or noled and use it.

Will everybody please stop bashing other members because they asked a question.