Warranty exchange only swaps out with refurbished?

cstrasz

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So kind of pissed. I was considering swapping out the htc one for a new one since I'm tracking down battery issues. I paid full price for the phone.

AT&T only replaces with refurbished phones. HTC will sith repair or replace with a refurbished as well.

Maybe I'm naive to think that if the phone is only 2 months old they'd give you a new one if you're having issues. Never had that with this problem with the iPhone.

Anyone else have experiences with phone exchanges via AT&T or HTC?

Posted via Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
With Sprint I had to exchange mine and I received a brand new one still in the box with all the accessories.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Apple generally does the same thing. They'll tell you if it's new or not. I believe this is an industry standard practice.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
This happens across the board with everyone. I'll never understand the uproar with refurbished devices. As long as they work what's the issue?

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got a refurbished one from att and it's perfect. The one thing that annoyed me was that they don't give you a new one year warranty from the date you get your refurbished phone. It's from the original date of purchase. That's what the girl told me anyway..... I hope I'm misinformed.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hard to believe that there are refurbished ones already out... Jmo

Not really. There are people here on these boards who have returned theirs and this is just a small percentage of the user base. Those are quickly turned around to use as warranty replacements.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got refurb HTC one thru att warranty and everything's great with the phone except this refurb has a yellowish warmer tint to the screen. My old one was a brighter screen kind of blueish tint. There's a big different side by side but I'm having trouble deciding to send back my old one that was having call issues with the brighter screen and keeping this one that works perfect and yellowish tinted screen

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hard to believe that there are refurbished ones already out... Jmo

Some of those "refurbished" devices are just returns that were perfectly fine but people weren't satisfied with the device. They still have to get sent back to the manufacturer and get marked for such use.

cstrasz

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Okay maybe I over reacted. As long as it's in mint condition I don't care. I buy used games. I just somehow associated refurbished with potential scratch marks and cosmetic wear and tear.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
But a difference in screen hue ?? Everything else is perfect even better build quality on this refurb phone

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay maybe I over reacted. As long as it's in mint condition I don't care. I buy used games. I just somehow associated refurbished with potential scratch marks and cosmetic wear and tear.

I understand how you feel, but it is normal practice. That being said, don't leave the AT&T store until you are happy. Years ago they swapped out a Moto Atrix for me and the first refurb they tried to give me was scratched. I politely asked for a mint one, they did not have any issues and just grabbed another. Good luck.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
If it's not within the return period they will swap it out for a refurb if they have them, new if they don't have any returns.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

cstrasz

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Only problem is I don't think I can swap it out in person. It's the 64 gb version and ordered online so I have two challenges. First figuring out if they'll do a swap if I ordered it from their online store. Second, locating a 64 gb version in a store (which I had troubles with originally, hence ordering it online :)

That was probably why I was a bit irritated at first because I don't know what I'll get until it arrives via delivery. Sounds like the majority of the time though these are like new.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Only problem is I don't think I can swap it out in person. It's the 64 gb version and ordered online so I have two challenges. First figuring out if they'll do a swap if I ordered it from their online store. Second, locating a 64 gb version in a store (which I had troubles with originally, hence ordering it online :)

That was probably why I was a bit irritated at first because I don't know what I'll get until it arrives via delivery. Sounds like the majority of the time though these are like new.

U should get the same size and model. Hopefully since it's the 64gb it'll be new.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
So kind of pissed. I was considering swapping out the htc one for a new one since I'm tracking down battery issues. I paid full price for the phone.

AT&T only replaces with refurbished phones. HTC will sith repair or replace with a refurbished as well.

Maybe I'm naive to think that if the phone is only 2 months old they'd give you a new one if you're having issues. Never had that with this problem with the iPhone.

Anyone else have experiences with phone exchanges via AT&T or HTC?

Refurbished looks like new.

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty