HTC one M7 charging issues HELP

sezmorules

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

So I'm having a bit of trouble charging my HTC one M7. It will charge fine for about 30 minutes, sometimes longer, but then suddenly the red led turns off and it stops charging. The cable will still be fully inserted into the phone so there is no reason for it to stop charging, there isn't a pattern to what % of charge this happens at. Once this happens the phone will then not recognise the charger properly, if I unplug the lead from the phone and then reinsert it the red led flashes for a second the straight back off and no charging occurs. I've found that if I insert the lead really slowly then the phone starts to "slow charge" when it's pushed half way in and held still. If I push it any further (fully in) it stops charging all together. The only fix I've found for it so far is to plug the lead in completely and then restart the phone with the lead attached, it then recognises the charger again and will charge normally when lead fully inserted. This only lasts for a day or so though and it starts to not recognise the charger again so I have to keep repeating the above steps. I've tried it with several different HTC chargers to make sure it is an issue with the actual phone, didn't seem to make a difference which charger I used. Any help would be appreciated!

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Try plugging the phone into a computer (micro USB to USB) and see if the setting on the phone is charging or data transfer. Switch it to charging.
My HTC One is retired and I couldn't find how to switch it in settings.

sezmorules

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I connected the phone to my computer and it does the exact same thing where it charges for a second when half pushed in but as soon as I push cable the entire way in the phone stops charging. It does show the usb icon at top of the screen and it is showing on the computer so I am able to view files etc but no option is given to change to charging mode...

sezmorules

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I restarted the phone with the usb connected to phone and it restarted and was charging as well as being able to data transfer. It's strange the minute I reboot the phone it'll charge but it stops soon after :/. Don't know whether it's a mixture of hardware and software issue as I found that if I move the usb cable slightly then it disconnected, there seems to be a lot of play in the port. No idea why as phone is almost new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress